Glayva

stumpy

Glayva is a mixture of various Scottish malts mixed with oranges, almonds, herbs and spices whilst Drambuie is a mixture of various Scottish malts mixed with honey, herbs and spices. For me I can't say that I prefer one over the other, they are both different and excellent in their own way. And all this is making me thirsty. Im off to pour myself a large Lagavulin, cheers.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not creamy but I guess you could add cream. Like drambui, a whiskey liqueur. Drambui made on the Isle of Skye I think if memory right, this stuff made near Edinburough

From their web page www.glayva.com :

Glayva's origins can be traced back to the early days of the last century when Ronald Morrison, a member of the Invergordon family of distillers lived in the busy port of Leith, east of Edinburgh, where ships would arrive laden with goods from all corners of the globe.

This atmosphere gave Ronald the inspiration to create a truly Scottish Whisky Liqueur. He used an ancient whisky recipe and combined it with the herbs, fruit and spices from the ships arriving from Europe, the Caribbean and the Orient.

Almonds from Brazil, oranges from Seville, a mix of herbs and spices from places as distant as Bombay and Tobago and a secret ingredient only known to the head blender give Glayva its unique and intriguing taste.

stumpy said:

Ok I'll ask what is Lagavulin?

Lagavulin is a sinle malt Scottish Whisky from the island of Islay and is rated as one of the top single malts produced. Michael Jackson rates it very highly and its popularity is gaining so much that in some years they run out.

Thats why I always keep stocked up ::

teddy said: Lagavulin is a single malt Scottish Whisky from the island of Islay and is rated as one of the top single malts produced. Michael Jackson rates it very highly and its popularity is gaining so much that in some years they run out.

Lagavulin (pronounced Laga-voolin) is my favourite single malt and was long before it became so popular. As Teddy said, it's so popular that in some years they run out. Actually it has run out every year for the last 5 years or so. The problem being that the youngest available Lagavulin is 16 years old and 16 years ago they hadn't anticipated the huge increase in demand. Fortunately a couple of bottles will be coming my way next week.

For anyone wondering, the Michael Jackson that Teddy refers to is not the young boy molesting pop star that we all know but a Scottish whisky taster and writer.

been trying to think of the English Pub near Patpong.

not the Silom end,the other end and near the BTS.

Bobby's Arms? Always enjoyed the menu there myself when dragged there kicking and screaming by one of my English friends. Just kidding, the food's pretty good (at least as good as English food can be

:neener:)

Back to the topic......I'll be sure to search out a bottle of Glavya when I get back to Las Vegas. Sounds yummy and I have turned into quite an alcoholic at home :drunk:.

Ranger

Archived