How Will I go being disabled?

Hi!

If you can actually get out of your chair and walk a short distance I would say that you will have very little problems, especially if you are with a mate that can help. Old Hippie is wrong at least in Pattaya. There does exist pavement that is adapted for the disabled although not everywhere.

regards

ALHOLK

Burlo said:

I was thinking about getting limos instead of cabs, because there boots should have more room. My wheelchair is very modern and folds in half. How much would this cost me in baht (! AUS dollar = 28 baht? or is it more?) Or are some cabs mini buses??

AUD around 31 at the moment.

Probably best to check with your mate re: limos/cabs/mini bus. Depends where his appt is located. Bkk is not the easiest City in the World to get around (Traffic wise) but I'm sure you will get around this small hurdle.

Another question:In Aus we use the cirrius ATM system with a 4 digit pin number, will this work in Thailand??

No problems. Your cards will work fine.

Like everyone else I'm arriving at 10:50 on a Wednesday night so where can I go to get straight into the action?

Or could I get a girl to come back to my apartment?

Again, depends on where your mate lives. Why not get him to "arrange" a welcome to Bkk present for you. You can always trade it in for a "new model" the next morning, if you are not 100% happy

Enjoy.

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer: :beer:

welcome to the Board Burlo........... :wave:

sorry to hear of your troubles but if you have a Friend willing to help and you take the advice given then i'm sure you will have a GREAT time.......... :chili:

i remember a Guy who i met in Patong one Year.

he had both Legs in Plaster (right up to his groin) and went around on crutches,but was always with a Girl.

he turned up one Day to have a Beer with me in a wheelchair that the Girls had been able to acquire......... :up:

after that i would see him every Day being pushed around Patong in his wheelchair and he had a real harem with him...... :p

never saw him with less than 2 Girls and they were having fun pushing him around,i was quite jealous......... :banghead:

he either had a 'sweet tongue',big dick or paid over the odds but he was VERY HAPPY............. :grinyes:

hope things work out for you and that you have a great time........ :beer:

ALHOLK said:

... There does exist pavement that is adapted for the disabled although not everywhere. ...

I think the pavements are indeed adapted for wheeled conveyances- but, in Pattaya, that would be motorbikes, not wheelchairs. :)

In BKK, Cowboy sounds like your best bet for unimpeded ground travel, access to bars and avoiding sidewalks cramped by vendors. Nana would be rather useless and frustrating, I would imagine (maybe even without a wheelchair! :) ) due to the levels. There is an elevator, however. Patpong is too cramped with vendors to be able to navigate well.

Walking Street Pattaya is ideal for your situation, although any long distance transport in a baht bus may be more difficult than a taxi in BKK.

I've seen 2-3 people afflicted with what looks like CP in the fun zones in BKK and PTY and, somehow, in spite of the physical barriers, I think they are still having more fun in LOS than in Farangland! :)

Good luck. You will find no lack of skilled, semi-skilled and amateur nursing care available.

Yeah, you'll be laughing, especially with someone to help you. I met a group of 3 Austrians in Pattaya once, one guy had no arms, one had no legs (in a wheel chair), the other was looking after them, but they seemed to be doing fine with the girls on their own, end ended up leaving their mate.

If the odd step/gutter doesn't slow you down, you'll be fine. Sounds like you have the right attitude.

Cowboy will be easiest.. Patpong could likely be a nightmare, I know it is for me.

Have a great trip... and don't forget to write a report.

>I was thinking about getting limos instead of cabs, because there boots should have more room. My wheelchair is very modern and folds in half. How much would this cost me in baht (! AUS dollar = 28 baht? or is it more?) Or are some cabs mini buses??<

yes, get a limo from the airport, costs double or so from Taxi, but if you can do first class plane, that's a mere detail. You can see what rates you can negotiate with the limo companies for daily transport. alternative, some cabs are actually Corolla station wagons, which may fit your chair. Maybe you can get a contact with one of the cab firms which will supply you with one of these on demand.

>Another question:In Aus we use the cirrius ATM system with a 4 digit pin number, will this work in Thailand??<

Yes, in at least half of the ATM's. It is a bit the luck of the draw though.

>Like everyone else I'm arriving at 10:50 on a Wednesday night so where can I go to get straight into the action?<

If you've notified the airline you're in a chair, they'll have assistance waiting, and you may be able to get out fast. Depending where your friend lives, you may make it to Soi cowboy by about midnite. As long as you get there before 12.40 or so, you'll have a shot at the action.

>Or could I get a girl to come back to my apartment?<

Of course. Maybe your friend can pre-arrange that. several establishments i know will be only too happy to provide someone, but often a personal connection like your friend maybe able to provide a cheaper and better then 'luck of the draw' candidate.

Last resort, contact Edenpapa at EDEN, explain the requirements, and pre-order one or two hotties to be delivered at the right time and place. Not always the most beautiful, but certainly satisfaction guaranteed.

A few weeks ago in SC, a guy in a chair in Longgun, had the time of his life. In fact, I have numerous times seen wheelchair bound punters, and usually looking very happy.

I agree SC is your best bet.

Have fun!

One practical point - if you meet up with a girl who offers to help you move around by pushing your wheelchair etc. be VERY careful if you use an ATM to withdraw cash. Remember the girl will be standing behind you and can easily memorise your PIN Number, after which she may take any opportunity to steal your Credit Card and clean out your Account.

Paul

Archived