ID To Be Needed At Soi Cowboy Bars

Stickman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And your average tourist is supposed know about this "law" and do all of this before going out at night in Bangkok?

ummm, yeah, I think they should know. Ignorance of the law is never a good defense.

If in doubt about what is the law or not, ask the immigration official when you are entering Thailand. I am always on a tourist entry, and about ten years back, I asked the first time. They said, 'always carry passport, sir.'

I have asked several times after that, always getting a similar response.

as for the trite cliche, I am merely quoting the old Baretta TV show song... ::

Big_Kahuna said:

It is NOT the law. Nwhere is it actually written that foreigners must carry ID.

Here we go again. I ask specifically this question to my police contacts. The response? "The law is not specific in that it requires *everyone* above the age of majority (that would be 15) to carry ID. It does not give tourists/expats/other non-Thais any special release from that requirement." Therefore, disbelieve all you want, but it IS written as the law.

Regards,

SD

Hi,

I guess they can also use this section of the immigration law

Section 58 : Any alien who has no lawful document for entering the Kingdom under Section 12 (1); or has no Residence Certificate under this Act; and also has no identification in accordance with the Law on Alien registration, is considered to have entered into the Kingdom in violation to this Act.

web page

elef

And I'm sure your police contacts really believe it, but I defy them to look it up and find where it is written, because it aint written nowhere.

BTW: Your avatar has a REAL pretty mouth there.

Archived