Lousy turnout for writing contest

khunsanuk

Hi,

Really disappointed with the lack of entries for the writing contest. Even after extending the deadline by a month, I have only received 7 entries (with one more likely to come soon).

Last time we ran this we had 18, now 8 :(

Not really sure what to do about it as 8 entries isn't really a contest, but then again cancelling it would not be fair to those who took the time to write something.

So, please even if you have no talent, write something and enter it.

Sanuk!

KS,

Will you be extending the contest entries until November 1st? What the hell. 4 more weeks won't matter if we can get some more entries to make it more interesting I guess. I'll talk with you next Friday at Gully's on my return. I thought we'd get a much better response on this contest. Maybe everyone's busy these past 2 months? I know I am.

Cent

Maybe let it go one more week, and make one last plea for entries, which I understand you may be sick of doing...maybe allow 2 entries per person, in case someone has more stuff? not sure, I agree, we can just post them on the board in the stories forum...or "short story forum...the contests are fun, be we needn't cheapen our art with comptetition...unless of course I win... :)

Cent:

Will you be extending the contest entries until November 1st?

I second that... better to wait another month and have a decent competition.

I don't have a problem with more than one entry per person, the talented writers on this board surely have plenty to work with, so why not? Maybe make it so only one prize per person though (if there are prizes involved).

Tell you what, I'll even have a go if you extend the deadline to Nov.1... I'm sure I'll regret it once I sober up, but I'll have a go... maybe 2 if I get swinging.

RB,

Yeah, I don't think there even is a rule on one entry per member. I think multiple entries wouldn't do any harm. But I do like the one win per member. I think that would be fair enough for all involved, and maybe bring in a few more entries.

An extra month and more entries won't hurt the contest I think, and that way I'll be there in country when it is finished and can possibly get down from Surin for the awards ceremony as well! :-)

Cent (arriving Thurday night BKK time! Yipee!)

• 6 months later...

Archived