Starbucks hates Asians

Actually I received a copy of that email yesterday in work, and I saw who the original sender was. I have been assured by my work colleagues who know the people in the original incident, that it did take place.

Actually having seen some of the attitudes of some farang women here it doesn't suprise me in the slightest that this happened.

Cheers

Farangman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few years ago, a Sikh was refused entry into a fast food restaurant in Soi Texas, Chinatown, Bkk. He informed the local gurudwara (Sikh temple)in the nearby Pahurat area, and within a few days the Sikh community threatened a major demonstration in front of the restaurant. The manager apologised, bowling over backwards.

If the Starbucks story can be verified, sending a rabble of drunk Isaani workers to the branch in question shouting 'Mai ao gafae Saharat - glap baan dai laeo!' might do the trick.

Hi Scum, Thanks for the answer I asked about language !! I tried to send you a private message but it didn't work frown.gif" border="0

FYI, I do recognise his lastname. He comes form a very respectable family in Thailand. His family can be dated back for hundreds of years serving the kings. That's why I think it is possible! if it's not true why he risked his family name for it??

I've checked pantip.com and posted my comment in English. http://pantip.inet.co.th/cafe/torakhong/topic/C949358.html

If anyone wants a Thai translation of the posts, I'll be happy to do it for you. Just post on this board. I'll stay here until 4 pm Bkk time.

I think it may well have happened. Perhaps that woman has "beans" up her butt. Anyway, I have walked past that Starbucks many times but I usually go to the one on Siam Center and on Sukhumvit. Next time, I will boycott Starbucks

quote:

Originally posted by @
^_^
@:

And it's also in

and

frown.gif" border="0

WOW...that's a lot to read. Took me awhile!! Some sarcastic comments. Some sensible eg. call the number but didn't get the reply so they concluded that it was untrue??? A lot of posts are concerned about who the owner is ie. is it operate as a Thai branch under the US parent company management OR is it a franchise a Thai company bought (Central group). It seems to me that it used to be a franchise but then it is only a branch.

[ May 19, 2001: Message edited by: BkkShaggy ]

quote:

Originally posted by gsoutien:

You're right. Starbucks are indeed corporate owned in the US. But they are franchised in Asia.

Nope. Originally Starbucks in Thailand was a joint venture with Central (first one was opened at Central Chitlom, remember?), but the Central Group made such a mess of developing and expanding the concept that the parent company kicked them out under the terms of the JV agreement and took everything back again. So now you know, if you care.

To BkkShaggy, with apologies to everybody else since I'm getting off-subject:

I did receive two private mails from you and I answered them. Maybe the system doesn't work? Webmaster take note.

Archived