Starbucks hates Asians

quote:

Originally posted by Scum_Baggio:

BkkShaggy,

maybe it has happened already and it's a warning to others ...
laugh.gif" border="0

laugh.gif" border="0 SB.. GOOD POINT laugh.gif" border="0

Brink15... Is it true? wink.gif" border="0

BTW SB thanks for the answers. I got both of them smile.gif" border="0

[ May 25, 2001: Message edited by: BkkShaggy ]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never actually went on a date with Loraina Bobbit, I wish the rumors would stop.

laugh.gif" border="0

Nah, my wife's very cool. I guess her not having been a BG and not being exposed to that environment, she's never seen me chau-choo.

laugh.gif" border="0

She was even agreeable when on our last trip in April, her wealthy cousin invited me on a boys only trip to Chiang Mai. This is the guy who has a mia noi and still takes business clients out to the upscale Thai entertainment centers. I guess she fugures he'll take care of me. Yeah, I can see it now. "OK, so you want #64 or #27, tell you what I'll get both for you and you can have a soapy sandwich." Yeah I'll be safe going poon hunting with Thailand's Hugh Hefner.

laugh.gif" border="0

Just to be on the safeside though, I always recommend the married guys sleep with a kevlar jock. Better safe than sorry.

laugh.gif" border="0

On the back page of the Bangkok Post today Friday - I believe it was the Insider Column.

A farang lady admitted being involved in the incident at Starbucks

apparently it was just a bit of a joke -- the boorish behaviour that is .She did not think anyone would take it seriously,. She was apparentltly drunk but aknowledged that she did in fact make the comments as reported but did not everybody understand she was just being humourous(or was that humourless)

If true how droll.

Whoever is responsible for her please take her away and place her on the wagon immediately

quote:

Originally posted by redrover:

I sent the text of the original message and the URL to Starbuck's corporate HQ and got the following reply:

"Thank you for your email. We at Starbucks are very

concerned about the Internet posting you have described to us. We are

investigating the posting. Unfortunately, we have determined that the

telephone number and address of the person listed on the posting are

incorrect.

As a company with stores in over 20 countries worldwide,

with customers and partners (our term for employees) from around the

world,

Starbucks has an uncompromising commitment to respecting and embracing

cultural diversity. We do not tolerate any disrespect of the cultures

and

traditions of our customers or partners.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are

gratified that you felt deeply enough about this issue to contact us.

Sincerely,

Pedro Man

president

Starbucks Coffee Asia Pacific Limited"

I'm as cynical about corporations as anyone but that story simply did not make sense to me. Note that according to Mr. Man the address and phone number do not exist. Perhaps someone here might have checked that before posting something which is in the least defamatory.

Pedro and the Man???? Now, this one sounds like carajo to me! "Welcome to Mexico Señor, where are you going?" laugh.gif" border="0

• 1 month later...

I could be a little late on this, and I also did not read each reply, but something has been on my mind since I read the original story. It is possible that the woman who complained about a vehicle parked in an unmarked parking spot was just another customer, simply upset about someone taking her favorite parking spot. The individual who started this discussion should not have believed her, and if he was not to come back to the store anyway, he should have told her that she was full of shit. Couldn't have hurt. What was the president of such a company doing letting his wife run his life anyway, when leaders of such companies run the show.

quote:

Originally posted by redrover:

Starbucks has an uncompromising commitment to respecting and embracing

cultural diversity. We do not tolerate any disrespect of the cultures

and

traditions of our customers or partners.

LOL, star(f)ucks has a committment to introducing bad coffee and even worse bland Western chain store style brainless consumerism to many parts of the world. I for one have and will never step foot in one. I love my coffee, but choose to enjoy it somewhere with a little more style, character and panache than this sad temple of conformist culture provides. If they went broke I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep.

Cheers

Jaga

Archived