newbie advice

Dustdmb23

Hey guys, my name is Dustin i'm from Michigan, this might be a long post for a newbie like myself but I wasn't sure where else to post. I've been reading the board for about a month, I love the stories...I read everyday at work, I"m facinated with thailand, have been for years. Planning my first trip to bkk in february. I am dying to go and jump right in and experience these places I've read about from you guys. But recently I started going to bangkokchat.org. and talking to girls in that room. I have been talking to one in particular. I'm 23 by the way, relatively successful so far...have dated many girls. But I find myself completely taken with this thai girl. We both have webcams so we can see eachother, and she seems very sweet...we never talk about sex...just light chat about culture and language...whatever...but I now find myself fantasising about meeting this girl...which she said she would do, I'm thinking about going to bkk for however long, and then flying to chiang mai to meet her. So I guess my question is how cautious should I be? I know its sort of a crap shoot...is she gonna be just as great as I think...or what. So I'm a little torn..but I am just in deep now and i've only been talking to her for maybe 2 weeks! haha I've always considered myself pretty level headed, but rational thinking seems to be going out the window in this case. any feedback would be greatly appreciated Thanks

I would tell you to go to Bangkok and visit the Pong, NANA, and Cowboy before you see her. Just play the field a little, get a feel (pun intended) for the girls over there. Then reassess.

I would also be asking what she does for work, where she is original from (if not from Chang Mai), If she has been married, if she has kids, what her parents do, if she has an Adams apple...Basically souse out if she's ever been in the seen before.

Overall just be on your guard, and don't get too serious (you've only known here for 2 weeks!), take your time...Their are a LOT of fish in that see…

Chok Dee!

Realise that the average Thai girl takes her virginity very seriously, so don't come here expecting a quick shag. Nowadays some educated Thai gals are looking for western HUSBANDS on the internet. Think of the way American girls were say in the 1950s, and you'll get the picture.

On the other hand, there are some "wild ones". A friend met a university senior in a chat room -- she met him at the airport and moved into his hotel room with him! But she herself admitted that she belonged to the group of "bad girls" on campus, the ones who were sleeping around. The other students would not associate with them.

Sounds to me like you're chatting with one of the first type. You might like a trip to Bangkok. Still, as suggested hit the nightlife scene here and don't expect any fast and furious romance from your chat room friend. It might happen, but the odds are against it.

p.s. I should know a little of what I'm talking about, since I've taught Thai uni students for decades -- and some of my own students are in those chat groups. It is usually easy enough for me to spot the ones who are "liberated", shall we say. They are a fairly small minority.

She certainly seems like a straight " good " girl, she is my age..23, and works in an office for a travel company. I think maybe I'll test the waters by asking her about her past relationships, see how " active " she has been, if at all. thanks for the input guys

I wish you the best. Flashermac is 100% right, about normal Thai woman that are virgins. They usually "save themselves" for marriage...So if your ready to invest a lot of time, money, and are looking to get married she might be the one, but if your looking for some quick fun you may want to look elsewhere (like down Soi Cowboy). In either case I wish you luck!

:)

I'll test the waters by asking her about her past relationships, see how " active " she has been

IME the more "active" they've been, the less they admit... and no Thai girl is going to admit to having multiple sexual partners, so I guess she'll say she's either a virgin, or maybe had 1 or 2 guys. Maybe it's true, maybe she's a hardened player. It all adds to the fun I guess.

I'm assuming you're sexually active, I recommend getting it "out of your system" in Bangkok, maybe meet some of the lads on a Friday night - guaranteed good night out then, if you make yourself heard. Then head north to suss out the internet chick.

Good luck and welcome.

Guest lazyphil

<<Think of the way American girls were say in the 1950s, and you'll get the picture. >>

50's western/American women eh, I've heard all that cock and bull about their treasured virginity but plenty dropped their knickers for USAF blokes and buggered off to Amerikaaa!

Dusty-

I think you can logon to BKK Chat every night and have a "sincere" conversation with 5+ different girls every night.

I second the advice of get around for a bit, get your feet wet and then maybe get up to CM and let her be your guide.

How long will you be in LOS?

Archived