September Contest's photos are up

khunsanuk

I think some people are not fair in scoring

Or maybe everyone has different tastes... hence the variety in scores.

I gave 1 or 2 10's, as usual - lowest I gave probably 5 or 6... I prefer not to vote for a pic than give it a 1 or 2, hardly encourages the photographer does it. Call me simple but I give high scores for the photos I like - whether it's technically perfect or not doesn't interest me.

Same as looking at a painting, if I like it, it scored well. Simple really.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red,

yeah, the scores have to be relative here. Really, none of these photos are "technically perfect, worthy of note" but the attempts are. So just judge each as is I guess...frankly, I am some what surprised the T+A shots aren't "blowing away" the competition...

I follow you, and i understand, RB. The reason why i do not put pix in the contests that are not easily readable anymore. These tend to mean a lot more to me, so wish people to see them more than in passing. Seems people judge on one aspect only. I accept it, it's just a game.

I was talking rather about driving down one to drive up another. I may be wrong, was surprised that decent shots lost so much, so fast.

The results swing a lot the first few days because there aren't many votes yet... similar to football tables the first few games of the season. After the votes come in, it will all settle down.

Was looking at the photos of Miss Red this morning... there are a few I could have entered I guess, but she expressly asked me not to.

Doubt anyone's voting the next one to theirs down anymore, not after last time it happened. Remember KS knows who votes for who - shame is a great thing. Best idea is to not vote for your own pic IMO.

One thing you can't convey in a photo, is the memories you associate with it, in past contests I've enetered 2 pics, and the lesser one (IMO) has got better votes- I put it down to good or bad memories of the trip.

As far as technical ability etc goes, this is a Thai sanuk forum, if it were a pro photography forum, no doubt different pics would do better or worse. No doubt get different/more entries as well. I refrain from making technical criticisms of someones photos, because IMO this isn't the place for it, I wouldn't want to dissuade anyone from entering future contests.

Which ones are yours? :neener:

I did vote one 10 as I thought it was the cream of this contest (the musician). I did vote a couple 4-5's that were out of focus or what I considered otherwise not great pix (poor cropping, no faces, too busy, etc).

Whatever, it's early.

Cheers,

SD

Which ones are yours?

----------------------------------

with the reputation i have with a segment of the board, meaning ::, To tell you would be killing the pix. :(

I chose not to post girls i have met in the last few years, for reason of privacy we talked about before. Plus I posted a few oldies in the gallery already, who've done very well....My tastes are not in question! ::

I have a pix like the one in chiarroscuro, girl in shadow. Never though people would find that of interest. Damned!

Archived