September Contest's photos are up

khunsanuk

a great photo journalist in war zone (you have to be a bit crazy to get into that field, all admit it, flirting with death, the adrenaline) is Jim Nachtwey. Not a cheerful fellow, but what a photographer.

i am less crazy about natl geo type photography, though I'd make it my daily bread as far as my own pix taking! Right now, Steve Mc Curry is a big name (magnum guy too), but i don't think he has any recognizable style. But he senses the shot before he sees it, be in the right place at the right time (A Bresson specialty) and that's how you can be a great P-er.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pattaya127 said:

a great photo journalist in war zone (you have to be a bit crazy to get into that field, all admit it, flirting with death, the adrenaline) is Jim Nachtwey. Not a cheerful fellow, but what a photographer.

i am less crazy about natl geo type photography, though I'd make it my daily bread as far as my own pix taking! Right now, Steve Mc Curry is a big name (magnum guy too), but i don't think he has any recognizable style. But he senses the shot before he sees it, be in the right place at the right time (A Bresson specialty) and that's how you can be a great P-er.

I see where they're at I think. Adrenalin like you say and the danger and excitement. They are gamblers. The Jackpot is a great picture. If you lose you're fucked. :)

Archived