What's the minimum money needed to retire in LOS

eee

I know. I got the bug. The bug to live in LOS.OK know it all expats. I"m due to retire in 6 years. I'll be receiving my pension from my union. My place in Pattaya is already paid for. I have a girlfriend but enjoy hanging out at bars and will probably Bfine a several a week. You get the pics?. I like to cook at home so will probably eat out once a day only,depending on a girl I'm seeing. So a couple of beers and drinks and a few girls a week. What's the least amount of dollars or baht do I need to live on, conservatively to retire in Pattaya Thailand.? I know! depends on the bht to dollar exchange rate too. Go easy on me for I'm not going to be receiving that much. A ball park figure. The reason why I wrote conservatively is because I hear many people on this board spending so much when visiting Thailand. (but they don't live there) I've been there many times but even with 2 short time and a long time per day I don't spend like many of you wrote in the column " No over head. Can I live on 2000 cabbage,dollars a month$. My utilities and UBC and association fee per month should be around $100 bucks. I know a guy who's living on $600.00 a month in Chaing mai. He is not a monger though. I just can't wait to do this. I want your pro opinions. thanx .... EEE Jen gao

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it not be easier to write down all your expenses yourself and figure out how much you need ?

How is your health, and your health insurance ? Cost of medication ?Kids at home ? How many times do you plan to return to your home country ? Obligations etc..... ? make your own list and add 10-15 % on top to make sure.

Investments ? Inflation, intrests, etc.........

I guess now you have more questions. :p

BB

Can I live on 2000 cabbage,dollars a month

I imagine you mean Canadian (starts with 'c') dollars? I think this should be enough, especially if you have no rent to pay, and if other utilities only add up to $100, $1900 should be enough, what's that 57,000 baht? (at 30 per $). Plenty live on less, and pay rent. Almost 2000 baht a day.. plenty if you're not throwing money around.

Some expenses to consider:

Money for girlfriend

Return trips home (to visit family, friends etc)

Sidetrips - I doubt you'd want to stay in Pattaya all the time, maybe you'll need to venture to the border and back too, for the visa.

Medical.

Apart from that, it would just be food, booze, girls and clothes/personal shopping.

1000$ plus a serious medical coverage can do it for me, plus a 20 000$ stash for extra expenses, emergency, yearly ticket to visit family in France.

Won't need much, I have a serious collection of books to read, and Cds to listen. It costs next to nothing to listen to the whole Zappa discography over a week, at Cent's digs in Surin! :up:

Archived