What's the minimum money needed to retire in LOS

eee

The example i best know is a friend in pattaya. he lives on 1500$ pension a month, have thai wife and her 2 kids, plus baby-sitter (!!!), and a few family members now and then showing unexpected (or expected by wife :)). All is spent, but basically he makes ends meet, and hasn't seen the light of a bar in 4 years (shes does, though re- :)), no interest in it. He's been able to check in a hospital when needed (over 60), but that's probably where things might get squeezy one day, if having a serious condition.

So any number i cite is independant of a sound medical coverage. Someone asked, but i will not be returning to the states, once i retire, any medical coverage by then will be assumed in regards to living in france and thailand, (or SEA. I am not sure).

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmmm all very interesting. Why is it the demeaner of JJ reminds me of a troll that used to hang out at another board. Oh well comes with the territory. One thing I must say is that the moderators here do a good job of keeping things in line. Even though I may not always agree with their call's its nice to see that things rarely get out of hand in terms of mean spiritedness. The person on the other board was out of hand for months on end. They finaly got run out of town on a rail so to speak.

jjsushi said:

b]

Take note as long as I have posted on this board I don't downplay my intelligence nor my means, in other words I don't pretend to be a poorly educated, working fellow with little or no financial resources nor do I believe in self-depracation to be chummy with others. Unlike you my goal is not to make "friends" on this board or be Mr. Popular. I just like expressing my views and opinions.

Well it looks as if nobody agrees with your views and opinions. I doubt if anyone is pretending to be poorly educated and hard up just to make friends, a strange thing to think. Good job you don't aim to be mr popular isn't it? From reading some of your back posts you don't come across as a very happy person, for all your cash.

Lot of talk about how much people earn and many saying that 10,000 a month is a huge amount.

10,000 a month really isn't that much these days in the west.

I was making more than that in the ME tax free.

I am now working a contract in Australia and making US500 a day for a relatively low profile job.

There were lots of people earning lots more than me both in the ME and in Australia.

10,000 a month is not a big salary these days.

I could easily spend that much here in Australia a month but of course i am trying to save money to retire, eventually.

Average homes in my local suburb go for a million and they are very average.

With a million capital i could quite comfortably and easily make 100,000 grand a year over time.

So again i reiterate it isn't big bickies these days.

Back to the original question thou.

10,000 a month is a lot in Thailand and if you were retired it would give you a very nice lifestyle indeed but even this figure may not be a lot in 10 or 20 years if you aspire to live like a JJ.

Personally i wouldn't retire in Thailand but rather retire in my home country and come and go to Thailand just as i do now which is four or five times a year.

[color:"blue"] Personally I think he makes stuff up as he goes along. Everyone I know who makes that kind of money never brag about it, although JJ will deny that's what he is doing. Generally when it comes to financial position, sex drive and cock size - people tend to exaggerate.

No harm in it, but I'll bet most people on this board don't take him seriously.

[/color]

Financial positions are shown off a lot in Thailand dear Red, I saw some in the States with the people with the stock market.

Now the cock size and how well one can perform :owell, that can be debated!

I do agree with you that most people with money never says much about it. However, each to his own. It took Hubby and I a lot of work and financial planning to retire for we know that the future can change. We have not changed our life style for the past 2 years since we retired even though our income dropped to 30% of the amount it used to be.

I feel that a person has a right to spend what he/she earns, whether I feel it appropriate or not, that is another story.

To spend $10,000/month in Thailand is not really that difficult. A GF of mine with her own successful company used to spend half of the amount each month buying really nothing. A Thai woman I met here in the States spent over $10,000/month gambling, partying, paying toy boys, of course after spending all the money her late husband left her, she does not have $500/month to spend :(

We can come up with ways to spend money, no matter what amount. However, it does not mean that a person is better than other people just because he can/want to spend.

Jasmine

Archived