What's the minimum money needed to retire in LOS

eee

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eee said:

Many of you have crystallized my thought eloquently. I simply asked how much funds needed to live in Pattaya....minimum!!!!!!!!! Jasmine. Have you read my follow up post? Many mongers indeed do it with mulitiple girls a day. I don't intend to when I move to Thailand though. Don't need to because????? You are in it!! chok dii.. eee

Anyone can tell u the minimum it will cost to live in Pattaya today but what you need to figure out what u need to live on a fixed income in the future.

I ascertain that you really have no clue and have very little foresight on your current and future needs as far as retirement planning.

Let me ask you a couple of questions u should ask yourself:

1. How secure is your pension? You do realize that pensions are not guaranteed and can go bust?

2. The money you count on from your business is nothing more than a projection/forecast. Do u have alternative means of income?

3. You do underastand that Social security is a government benefit and can be altered and changed in the future which means that your expected benefits are not guaranteed either?

4. How much cash do u actually have? How much in other investments?

5. How much medical coverage will you have? Along with supplemental coverage beyond the union benefits?

6. If Thailand does not work for you will you be able to return to the West financially solvent or are u stuck looking for cheap 3rd world locales?

8. Do u understand inflation and the facts that your income must outpace it?

7. How long do u expect to live?

Personally I think he makes stuff up as he goes along. Everyone I know who makes that kind of money never brag about it, although JJ will deny that's what he is doing. Generally when it comes to financial position, sex drive and cock size - people tend to exaggerate.

No harm in it, but I'll bet most people on this board don't take him seriously.

joeed said:

I would be interested in knowing what kind of job allows you to make $10k+/month and spend so much time on a web board ? :)

I have a lot of free time for internet stuff but I'm far from $10k/motnh :(

;)

I never said my job paid me $10k per month. I said that I would need 10k a month minimum to retire in Thailand.

If you must know I am in the financial services industry. Just to give you a perspective my first year out of uni I made in excess of $50k. Starting comp for an MBA in my field is $115k.

Nevermind I was just kidding...

I absolutely dont care about your incomes, there are some valid advices among your posts and it is important to get everyone's point of view.

I think most of the people could retire with around $2500/month in the actual economic context in Thailand. If possible as a retiree I would try to get my incomes come from investments in a more stable country (USA/Europe) like real estate.

Now that I read your last post it's good to see the thread go back to something much more interesting by listing all the things that need to be taken into account before retiring to another country.

This could be really helpful to people planning to retire soon...and it will probably scare those who were ready to move with no plans in mind :)

Redbaron said:

Personally I think he makes stuff up as he goes along. Everyone I know who makes that kind of money never brag about it, although JJ will deny that's what he is doing. Generally when it comes to financial position, sex drive and cock size - people tend to exaggerate.

No harm in it, but I'll bet most people on this board don't take him seriously.

You can think all you want my boy. Makes no difference to me. If u think I am bragging then I am bragging. What is disconcerting however is the fact that you need to exhibit some sense of bitternes or "penis envy" on the topic. I bet ur the guy at the urinal who sneaks a peek at the other guy to see how big his willy is.

Take note as long as I have posted on this board I don't downplay my intelligence nor my means, in other words I don't pretend to be a poorly educated, working fellow with little or no financial resources nor do I believe in self-depracation to be chummy with others. Unlike you my goal is not to make "friends" on this board or be Mr. Popular. I just like expressing my views and opinions.

I tell you if it is not one topic it is another with someone on this board, either I have no "street" credibility, no money, don't interact with Thais beyond the nightlife realm or I can't speak Thai with Thais because I don't post in the language forum or I am called a TROLL. I love it! Maybe it is easier if you thought of me as some poor penniless schmuck that has never been to LOS and I live life vicariously through internet message boards. This only reinforces my belief that some people truly are miserable with their lives and they want others to share in it.

BTW- Red the only contribution you have made to this thread is to slag off on me. So instead of worrying about what i make or don't make why don't you haul your ass out there and find yourself a better occupation that will pay you the money you want to make. People with a high school education can make millions in the USA if they hustle here is a link that will help you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/08/business/08mortgage.html

Do you know I am seriously considering going to Apex tech school at night and learn refrigeration and cooling systems. Why might you ask? Well I have always been the academic type working in a white collar occupation. I never have been a mechanical type, I'm the guy that gets baffled in Home Depot and my eyes glaze over whenever I hear a contractor tell me what he has to do to fix something(send me the bill dude and make sure you overcharge me because I won't know ). I figured it will be a fun experience, only costs $15k and if I ever get laid off from my day job it may come in handy. Plus I have always been envious of guys who can tackle any home improvement project.

Take note as long as I have posted on this board I don't downplay my intelligence nor my means

Good for you, but is there anything else you can talk about other than yourself?

BTW- Red the only contribution you have made to this thread is to slag off on me

Nah, my original posts were clarifying what the OP wanted to know... not how $10K a month would be great to throw around.

So instead of worrying about what i make or don't make why don't you haul your ass out there and find yourself a better occupation that will pay you the money you want to make.

I'm quite happy in my chosen profesion, if that changes I'll leave, thanks for your concern. I choose not to tell or insinuate what I make/what I'm worth to others, especially people I don't know, lacks class IMO.

Guest lazyphil

<<I choose not to tell or insinuate what I make/what I'm worth to others, especially people I don't know, lacks class IMO. >>

Lots of stuff here lacks class, telling all where one dumped his wad of cum last night for example, but everyone revels in that mucky talk here....lots of soggy kleenex around!

Redbaron said:

Take note as long as I have posted on this board I don't downplay my intelligence nor my means

Good for you, but is there anything else you can talk about other than yourself?

Your the one that is talking about me or does that fact seem to escape you at the moment.

BTW- Red the only contribution you have made to this thread is to slag off on me

Nah, my original posts were clarifying what the OP wanted to know... not how $10K a month would be great to throw around.

Surely u lack reading comprehension skills because if you had them then you will find that nowhere did I post about "throwing around" $10k. I guess if I said 5k then it would be okay with you. Your mind is so narrow. You must be one of those people that pre-judge others by their income and occupation.

I'm quite happy in my chosen profesion, if that changes I'll leave, thanks for your concern. I choose not to tell or insinuate what I make/what I'm worth to others, especially people I don't know, lacks class IMO.

Then you are full of crap and you don't even kow it. Actually I would not be surprised if you don't understand how clueless you are. I bet I can do a search of all 2500 posts on this board that you have made and I will come up with a nice profile that can discern your lifestyle, income and possible educational backgroound.

Maybe if I stated I was an English teacher in LOS making baht 40k per month that would be okay and not "classless"? Dude getr real. Your simply prejudiced.

Your problem is basically you can't accept a differing view that does not identify with your cozy little world. Dude just back off because your starting to bore me and when I get bored I get annoyed easily. So let's play nice before we start getting the "flaming" warnings from the mods.

Archived