Piss testing at Nana last night

Stickman

They don't go around shutting down clubs and lining everyone up but its still thoroughly invasive.
True, and the people who do testing in the US are not notorious for extorting bribes from urine test subjects. The MiB here, to cite the more obvious example, are notorious for fabricating traffic offenses to extort money from motorists on a routine basis. On a less visible level, they take protection money from bars and gambling dens and more than a few operate as contract hit men. The government freely admits that there is a very serious corruption problem in the Thai police force. I don?t know of anyone here that denies that corruption is rampant among the MiB.

This is why it is particularly troublesome to give them a free writ to test anyone they want without probable cause or even a reasonable suspicion. It is objectionable on privacy grounds in countries where the police aren?t so corrupt, but here it is far worse. It not only trespasses these legitimate due process and privacy concerns, but also fuels violence and corruption.

I have been through a urine check at Q Bar, and I have seen the opportunities it creates for corruption and abuse of power.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived