3-4 days outside Thailand, starting from BKK

Hi all,

I will be in LOS next week, I planned 4 days BKK and one week Phuket.

At the end of my vacation, I still have 4 days left, so I can decide to go somewhere in LOS, or make a short trip to ???.

Any recommendations? What is easiest, best experience, worth for such a short time? Vietnam? Laos? Cambodia? Myanmar?

Thanks for your advise!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks a lot for the advice!

right now i still can´t decide between myanmar and cambodia.

on another forum, i read quite some interesting stories about yangon...

was in philippines before, so wanna get a new stamp in my passport:)

i think i will ask diethelm travel what would be the easiest to organise in terms of visa and travel and just throw a coin.

elef said:

Hi,

why not go to Cambo - 3 days in PP and 1 day to see Angkor Wat.

elef

Good Call but 2 and 2 would be better, Angkor is vast. Now I am a little bit older and more mellow that place facinates me, a metroplolis destroyed by its own over reliance and abuse of nature with its complex canal and irrigation system. it survived ecconomicly on the fact that the citizens believed thier leader to be a god and gave betwen 40-60% of their time and/or income to the metropolis.

Fast forward to 2005, and there is another ecological disaster in the making, I don't belive for 1 minute that katrina and the one that followed were not related in some way with a certain nations refusual to sign up to the Kyoto treaty, a country where they would prefer to trade emmissions like a commodity rather than fall in the line with the rest of the world, a nation that is 5% of global population yet consumes 25% of the worlds Oil production, a nation so driven by its own hedonistic needs ... i best if I stop now ;)

There are similarities between what happened to Angkor and what could happen to America, in its day Angkor was the America of its time and was brought down by ecological, not financial problems.

For the record this is not an anti american posting, you guys have a lower %age of assholes than us brits but working in Oil and Gas in various locations (global would be too pretentious) I do question many of US goverments policies, especialy foreign affairs and energy, bullying tactics only work for so long.

Learn by history's mistakes

I reserve the right to make my opinions heard no matter who it upsets

Archived