3-4 days outside Thailand, starting from BKK

ok, thank you evry much for all your adivce and political insights!

;-)

I just came back from the travel agency, Myanmar/Yangon made it this time for me.

VISA (1 b-day urgent service): 1900 Baht

Airticket (Thai): 10960 Baht*

Still waiting for hotel to be confirmed (Traders, ~60 US$).

B.

* ~7000 Baht with "Myanmar Airways", but I stickk to what I know is safe:-)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good choice, make sure you get the visa before your trip though, or do it on arrival (agencies can handle but you ahe to give passport to them), and count on 2 days to file and pick up the day after.

Search the Myanmar threads in this section, pretty much everything we had to say about nightlife is in it. We can go over it again, won't take that long! :)

Traders at 60$ is a good deal! Humonguous first class digs right in the middle of town (actually yangoon is BIG, but Traders is conveniently located).

Don't miss the Shwedagon at sunset, because of the people and all the activity around, it beats Angkor's old stones as the most magical temple in the world. I weigh my words.

drknolle said:

I just came back from the travel agency, Myanmar/Yangon made it this time for me.

VISA (1 b-day urgent service): 1900 Baht

Airticket (Thai): 10960 Baht*

Still waiting for hotel to be confirmed (Traders, ~60 US$).

B.

* ~7000 Baht with "Myanmar Airways", but I stickk to what I know is safe:-)

bangkok airways flies to yangon for 5,000 - 6,000.

nothing wrong with myanmar airways either.

why anyone would want to stay at the monstrosity that is the traders is beyond me; quite a few places around that actually have a bit of style. though traders does have the advantage of having the odd explosion outside...

Archived