Curtains

Damen

I'm in carpentry and most tape measures that I use have both inches and meters. I'm with you when I read about the size of Condos in Thailand and stasrt using cubic meters instead of square feet. The U.S. was going to change over to metric, starting with the Carter administration, but due to public opposition, this was scrapped, unfortunately.

ALHOLK said:

Hi! I have considered buying curtains next time I'm in Pattaya. Would you care to post the location of this shop.

regards ALHOLK

Sure...

Her small shop is called 'Asia Curtains'. It is located about 75-meters north of Thepprasit Rd on Soi-8 (Soi-8 is also called Soi- Dang Dam by the Thai's). Thepprasit is the main road south of Pattaya Tai (South Rd). Soi-8 is just west (toward the beach) from the large go-cart track on Thepprasit. There is a 7-11 on the corner of Thepprasit & Soi-8. The gal's name is 'Soi'...and she and her husband & baby also live at the shop. I'll send you her mobile # in a PM.

The only problem I forsee is that your place is in BKK and she won't be able to measure the windows or areas to be curtained.

If you have time, I also suggest shopping at other curtain shops...and get prices for curtains with identical fabric and style to that quoted by Asia Curtain. That way I know you will be assured that I'm not just soliciting and you'd be getting a good deal...and quality workmanship...at Asia Curtain!

• 7 years later...

Any updates to this thread in the last 7 years? I'll be in LOS (BKK, PTT and CNX) for a month next July and would like to contact someone for custom drapes to cover 3 large window areas. This is at my house in Kansas City and hopefully, I can fit them in 1-2 suitcases to bring them back. Thanks

Any updates to this thread in the last 7 years? I'll be in LOS (BKK, PTT and CNX) for a month next July and would like to contact someone for custom drapes to cover 3 large window areas. This is at my house in Kansas City and hopefully, I can fit them in 1-2 suitcases to bring them back. Thanks

Just use your browser and query "curtains thailand". You will get a bunch of "hits". Being that you are not going for 6 or 7 months, plenty of time to make inquies with a number of potential suppliers. I'm sure you would like to examine the material and workmanship before you order. So some questions can be addressed/answered in advance. Maybe could even get some samples of material mailed to you ?

HH

Thanks,HH, its good to see you posting again. My preference would be to finds someplace in Chiang Mai, where I'll be staying for 3 weeks. I start off in Bangkok and end up in Bangkok for a couple of days each, and I'm assuming that I can probably get them cheaper in BKK over CM. I'm also going to try to find some company that makes company tee shirts. Would it be better to find someone that can make the logos or can a company in Prat. do it all? Between myself, my wife and three kids, we have a lot of suitcases to fill (although I know that my wife will buy a lot of spices and other hard to find in the U.S. food stuffs).

Archived