Webcams

orientman

Having just watched a programme about the technology of surveillance on TV here in the UK, I started thinking about how great it would be if one of my favourite go-gos had a webcam. Instead of just wishing I was in Bangkok instead of London I could be looking at life in the Long Gun, or Tilac, or Playskool, or Hollywood Strip.

If any of them ever did it, it could be a good income stream for them. And it would certainly help drive technological development - how many of us would be upgrading our internet links as a result?

Never going to happen of course. I guess it would give Purachai (SP?) a heart attack for starters. But a man can dream, can't he?

I am not sure that I want the rest of the world see my ugly face in a go-go, unleashing my considerable charm on the poor girls... :-).

But I've read some bars, specifically on Phuket have or have had web-cams in them.

quote:

Originally posted by Snailster:

I am not sure that I want the rest of the world see my ugly face in a go-go, unleashing my considerable charm on the poor girls... :-).

But I've read some bars, specifically on Phuket have or have had web-cams in them.

Er, I never thought of that. It's been a long day - that's my excuse anyway. I'm sure the politics of it are against it in any case. But it sure would have helped with them old Bangkok Blues.

Since my first post I've just watched another programme, on Timothy Leary this time. So I've got an advertising motto for the webcam that shall never be, `Tune in, turn on, and wack off'.

Sorry, that was in poor taste. It turns out that TV is a bad influence after all.

What about a 24 x 7 pay TV/Cable channel, where they cruise the bars , asking questions ( what price will you pay tonight sir?) & getting insights . This would mean they could make faces fuzzy so no recognition when you get back home after being on tele in your favourite bar.

Of course this would not solve the problem of too much exposure meaning the cops will close it down ASAP.

I offer to be the reporter / cameraman / sound guy / whatever!

Archived