Usage statistics for webalizer

limbo

Have a webalizer rpogram to give me information on my website, but am not sure how to read the information provided.

What to read into;

Daily Avg (average);

Hits

Files

Pages

Visits

Monthly totals;

Sites

KBytes

Visits

Pages

Files

Hits

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

* Hits

Every file (html, gif, jpg, css, xxx) gets counted as a hit, so this shows you how many different files have been requested.

* Files

Not really certain, sorry.

* Pages

Any html, asp, php page. So, if a page has 3 pictures, it would count as 4 hits (the htmlfile + 3 pics), but only one page.

* Visits

Number of 'unique people' who visited the site. This is determined via IP, so it is not 100% accurate. Close enough though.

* Sites

Similar to 'Visits', but this keeps track over a longer period (I think). So it becomes a kind of 'unique visits per month'.

* KBytes

The amount of Kbytes downloaded from your site.

I am certain there must be more accurate explainations out there, but this should get you started.

Sanuk!

PS We use webalizer as well, so let me know if you want any more info.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Limbo,

A friend of mine introduced me to a limited webstats program that I find is quite interesting. You can view my webstats by:

1. load http://www.anetizer.com

2. clicking on the full stop at the very bottom right of the page.

The service is limited to about the last hundred visits. All you have to do is subscribe then include some code in the body of any page for which you want the stats'.

Slightly off topic?

Is there any geeks out there that can explain how the Search Engine stuff works? I was under the impression that the search engines just crawled the site and gleaned information from webpages.

My site is only a single page that is updated from a database. According to the webstats information is found in the database? For example search for "jokes real men ejaculation masturbating" and it comes at the top of the list on Yahoo and number 6 on www.search.msn.com.

Cheers,

John_Betong

Archived