North Thailand

BelgianBoy

Guys,

I plan a trip to north Thailand, CM and area to visit some of the sights and to spend some relaxing time in good hotels.

Which are the top hotels in that region ?

I plan 8-10 days in the region of CM, Chaing Rai, golden triangle (is there anything to see there really ?) and Mae Hong Son.

A tip from a boardmember already pointed me at the Tamarind Village in CM which looks excellent.

Price is no criteria, surroundings, rooms & service are even more !

Suggestions ?

BB

do you want to stay in or outside the city? How far outside if so? if 600$ no problem, a night, REGENT (who knows, may have changed names) resort 30kms north, off Mae Rim, may do it for you.

is there anything to see there really ?)

--------------------------------------------

Golden triangle, if for a 2 day hop, i say no. Got very touristy, and ride up is 4 hours at least, not that interesting passed the mountain range north of CM.

PS: I thought first, seeing the section, you planned to ask which car is big enough to accommodate 2 luxuriously and save the hotel money :D...

Is this the hotel you mean ?

------------------------------

yep.

there are a lot of nice resorts along that Mae Rim loop, expecially at the other end, south of Chiang Mai. this one tops it all, though.

A lot depends if you want to stay in town or outside in a greener environment.

Like you, money is of no importance to me, I stay at the paradise GH, 150 bahts a room (180 for 2!). Hot shower too! :up:

the best Hotels in Chiang Mai are the Four Seasons (former Regent) and the new Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi. great resorts, but both are quite some distance from down town. expect to pay 300 USD up...

further north in the Golden Triangle are Anantara Resort and Spa Golden Triangle (the former Le Meridient Bann Boran) and Imperial Golden Triangle; the former is very close to the Mekhong and where thailand meet burma and laos. should be around 100 usd

Archived