Deskto search software for use in work environment

soongmak

I am looking for a desktop search utility that can be used in a windows xp network. Ideally it would be able to search all kinds of files on some deicated drives on the server and should be accessible from all work places. Does anybody know if such a piece of software exist? And what anout your experiences? Worth the trouble, or not?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Bringing up an old subject (in two places even) - but does anyone have any new "Desktop Search" programs - ever since the Google Desktop Search was discontinued I've lost my way.

Have you tried Copernic? It's on the market since many years. I used it before Google Desktop came out.

Thanks, just downloaded and installed it. Will test it out at home for a few days before buying a work version if it meets the needs.

Appreciate the reply - I had seen that one in the desktop search comparisons, but the last update was in like year 2005 so I didn't think it was still active.

So far it looks good.

Thanks, just downloaded and installed it. Will test it out at home for a few days before buying a work version if it meets the needs.

Appreciate the reply - I had seen that one in the desktop search comparisons, but the last update was in like year 2005 so I didn't think it was still active.

So far it looks good.

The latest version is from November 2011....

Archived