Town Lodge Hotel on Suk Soi 18

Evel_Penivel

Spent a very enjoyable three days at a new, guest-friendly hotel in BKK, the Town Lodge at the end of Sukhumvit Soi 18.

It's fantastic value for money. I had a jacuzzi suite at 2,900 baht/night, including all fees and taxes. The suite was very well equipped and decorated. All the standard features of a five-star room (really big and comfortable bed, perfect climate control, state-of-the-art TV/DVD system in the jacuzzi room as well as the bedroom, mini-bar, "sitting room" area with sofa and desk, in-room safe, etc.), plus a jacuzzi with room for two or three people. All of the hotel staff- owner/manager, front-desk, maids and tuk-tuk driver, do everything possible to be helpful. The suite was fresh and spotlessly clean. The location at the end of Soi 18 was zero problem. The tuk-tuk was perfect during the day and at night I only needed to walk a few minutes before a cab came by (there's a lot of cab traffic to and from the Rembrandt Hotel also on Soi 18). In any case, it's not a huge walk, I did it a few times from the Asoke station just to help get in my 10,000 steps.

Also, because it's a smaller hotel and so guest-friendly, the TGs I was with really liked it. They felt very much "at home" without any ugly farang matrons to give them mean looks. The jacuzzi was a big plus for them.

I saw a standard room as well. It's simpler and smaller, of course, but has everything that is needed (big, comfortable bed, perfect climate control, state-of-the-art TV/DVD system, mini-bar, in-room safe, etc.) at an exceptionally reasonable price of 1,200 baht/night. Superior rooms (a big bigger than standard) can be had at 1,400 baht/night.

There's also a really cool club called Toxic in the hotel. It featured some of the best-looking young ladies I've seen anyway in BKK. I already had female companionship, so I didn't pursue the matter this time round with the Toxic girls regarding other services/performance. They were super friendly without any pushiness to buy them lady drinks. Barfines are high, but it's an upscale place, so that's to be expected.

If you want more info, you can contact them at townlodge@gmail.com.

I usually stay in places like the Landmark, Banyan Tree or Emporium Suites because my company pays the bill and sometimes I need the facilities offered by a big hotel that caters to business travellers. But for the fun side of BKK, the Town Lodge is in fact a better choice.

I'll be back!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

emmitt, dumsoda-

I am a professional writer, so I guess everything I write sounds professional. I stayed at the Town Lodge three nights, liked it very much and wrote it up on that basis. I live in the US, visit BKK three or four times a year and have no connections whatsoever to any kind of business in Thailand.

Everything I wrote is true. The Town Lodge is great value for money. If anybody knows another hotel in BKK that offers a two-room jacuzzi suite for 2,900 baht/night or standard rooms that are as good as those at the Town Lodge for 1,200 baht/night, please write it up. I'd be happy to try that hotel on my next visit.

If you want to see an example of a critical report from me, do a search for the coffee shop at the Grace Hotel.

Compliments of emmitt and dumsoda, here are the contact details for the Town Lodge:

Town Lodge (Sukhumvit Soi 18)

106 Sukhumvit Soi 18, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110

For reservations

Email: townlodge@gmail.com

Tel: 02-663-7712

Fax: 02-663-7711

Book early, especially if you want a jacuzzi suite!

Archived