Town Lodge Hotel on Suk Soi 18

Evel_Penivel

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have been staying at town Lodge since last saturday.

Few comments:

The (Female) night manager was very helpful in helping me retrieve my wallet left in airport cab, but maybe I overtipped her. She keeps talking to me or my GF (for the nite) at lengthe on arrival, when we just want to go upstairs. And both wedneay, as well as yesterday she tried to convince me she could find me a more beautiful girl for the night then the ones I dragged in from SC. Nice offer, but I prefer to choose my own, and in fact find her offer is a veiled criticism on my taste, and as such inappropriate.

But, if you arrive late at night, it is good to know some are avaialble on the premesis. I'm not even sure if she was talking about the girls in TOXIC, or about a niece of hers she may be pimping.

Building noise; Behind the hotel they are building a new appartment building right now. In the morning, that can be very noisy (See 'my stable keeps changing' in Trip reports). I geus the roadside rooms (01, 02 and 03, maybe also 04) will be the quietest right now, but don't know if they are standard or deluxe. I think the only difference is probably bath vs shower, and the bath is so narrow that it probably won't be missed. If you really want to soak, the suite would be betetr, although also overlooking the building site.

Breakfast is very simple, but I don't eat much in the morning anyway, and their espresso machine, free for guests and self servise is fantastic.

TOXIC: friendly girls, probably fun, but i only ever sat there for one drink before bed a couple of times, never really tried to party there. And I always bring my own company home, on a roll over basis, just alst nite got baack where I started.

Wireless internet in room is very good and fast, and I didn't ask for a key or password, neither did anyone talk about fee for access.

My one gripe maybe lack of stairs, but that only matters if you're really smashed, because even the top floor is only 3 flights up.

All togetehr, the atmosphere is great in this hotel, small enough for staff to know you, and make you feel at home.

Booking via Thaihoteldiscounts is about 60 Bt cheaper then walk in off the street.

spent some good times in this hotel

my friend was given the suite even if we only booked the Normal rooms.

Toxic girls are fun yes.

I had a chat with the owner (while me being wasted drunk) seems a nice lad to me.

spent enough Baht in the bar to get me a few girls from Eden over for the night but had a great time drinking and patying..

Archived