Town Lodge Hotel on Suk Soi 18

Evel_Penivel

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an upcoming trip to the LOS and was particularly interested in this in-depth review of a guest-friendly hotel. What follows is an email string to the proprietor of the Town Lodge Hotel.

+---------------------------------+

Hello,

I am planning on a trip to Bangkok, tentatively arriving on Friday, February 24, 2006. I will be in Bangkok seven nights and I am interested in staying at your hotel.

Could you please give me details about your location, room rates, and amenities?

Do I book through email or should I contact my travel agent?

Sincerely,

SoiCowßóyTony

dear SoiCowßóyTony.

we have 3 types of rooms:

standard room, 1'200 baht, net

deluxe room 1'400 baht, net

jacuzzi suite 2'900 baht, net

free ABF, fresh coffee

Tuk Tuk service to BTS or Sukhumvit

wireless internet

we are located on sukhumvit soi 18, at the end of the street.

you can book right here through email.

kind regards

ralph

TOWN LODGE

106 Soi Sukhumvit 18,

Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey,

Bangkok 10110.

Tel: 0 2663-7712

Fax: o 2663-7711

Ralph,

Thanks for the quick response.

Does ABF mean American breakfast? If so, what is on the menu each morning? Are there restaurants nearby that can deliver food to the hotel, too?

Also, you mentioned you had free wireless Internet service. Is this in each room or just in the lobby? What is the speed of the DSL line connected to the wireless router?

Best regards,

SoiCowßóyTony

dear SoiCowßóyTony.

yes. scrambled or fried eggs, ham or bacon. fresh brewed coffee or tea. croissants, brown or twist bread. butter and jam. till 4 pm.

yes there are thai restaurants nearby or our partner restaurant on soi 19 can deliver food until midnight.

we are upgrading the wireless internet currently, so it will also work in the room. wireless speed is 512 kb.

internet is not free but costs just 100 baht per stay.

kind regards.

ralph

The 100 baht per stay sounds like a very good deal for wireless Internet access. Now if we could get some nice board member to send photos of the deluxe room, we'll be in fine shape! :)

it looks like a brothel!!!!

i never actually stayed here because it looked like shit from the outside. the inside looks better than the outside however.

checked out the disco the other nite but it was empty and the drinks a bit expensive.....IMHO

• 3 weeks later...

This is actually a very nice hotel (inside the rooms) at really great value. The only tricky part is if you are driving your car there - a bit of a problem reversing out of the soi.

Very friendly staff and always seem to have rooms available (stayed there on 3 seperate occassions now).

They deserve all the free publicity they can get!

Cheers,

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived