I'd better not call my wife a "Northern Lao"

Flashermac

Wife arrested after calling her husband "lazy"

In Belgium, Walloon husband accuses Flemish wife of racism

Oct. 27, 2005

BRUSSELS - Belgium's history of linguistic bickering between Flemings and Walloons entered a new phase this week when police arrested a Flemish woman for calling her Walloon husband lazy, Belgian media said on Thursday.

The 48-year-old husband filed a complaint for racism against his spouse for scratching him and calling him "a lazy Walloon, a slave and an inferior creature", De Standaard daily said.

The 47-year-old woman will appear before a magistrate later on Thursday to face charges of racism, the newspaper said.

Dutch-speaking Flemings and French-speaking Walloons are not only linguistically divided but also split socio-economically between a prosperous Flanders and a poorer Wallonia.

er..... no :) not married and living happily with Thai GF here.....

Then again, crazy country & crazy people here, language problems are never far away, unions are bankrupting the system, weather is beautifull, chocolade is unique and i just had a post deleted on the board without explenations.....

BB

look at your Post before mine and you will understand my humour at your typo..........

i like Brussel Sprouts............. :grinyes:

espiecally soft cooked and with lots of Ketchup....... :)

do you Belgians have the same habit as the Dutch of putting tasteless Mayonnaise on your Pomme Frites?.

i always buy my Mum Belgian Chocolate for Christmas,but bought in the UK.

how about sending me some proper Chocolate bought in Belgian as a gift to my Mum?......... :p

Archived