Photo contest October online

khunsanuk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some good shots, not exactly full of character or expression for many, but taking shots of people, without making it photo ID snapshot is not so easy. I think 1 or 2 deserve better (mine, of course! ::), but, so far, the contest is being well followed by the voters according to the theme. And it's tight too!

Hi,

"Actually, I think the contest would get more views and comments IF the contest was advertised with a direct link in another section (such as "discussion") or up at the top with the solicitation for ideas on board remodeling."

You are right of course, and it is my fault that that hasn't happened. Problem is that changing that top news thingy is not that quick (I need to upload a revised file to the server).

Sanuk!

limbo said:

Mine should be doing a lot better, at least one of them. From the other I didn't expect too much but strangely enough it does better than the one I expected to.

limbo,

Mine are the same. I expected one to do much better than it is now. Maybe some more voters will realize it is the best "character portrait" there and vote accordingly. Some great shots in there. The ones doing well are deserving in my opinion, but some are doing much better than I would expect and must be receiving much higher marks than I gave them. :: Some good character pics though in there. A tight race.

Likely mine are doing better than yours though I suspect! :neener: ::

Cent

My entries were weak this time...I had trouble deciding, and obviously made the wrong choices...I will talk with Nervous dog about a "series" or Portfolio type contest...whwere we enter a series of pictures...sort of a Photo narrative, similar to what I did with the Tattoo thread, or the Cambodia trip...maybe leave that theame open...it would be a good idea for a year end or special contest...just a thought...

OH - a series idea is nice, will have to be nuext year but remember to nominate it when time comes.

I think many are not character portraits, the ones doing well look like a portrait and are doing well I think because of that.

Portraits tend to be posedd, formal or semi formal type posing

However I am one voter among many

DOG

Archived