"Welcome To Hell" - inside a Thai prison

Stickman

Just curious. Why do they do those re-enactments?

Is it a visual confession? Have I just answered my own question?

One would be well advised if it ever happened to get an embassy official along, and half way through yell out "This is all bullshit. I have been tortured into doing this. Help me."

Wise after the event again.

When Thai police declare that a bloke in Pattaya who dies with a plastic bag over his head and hands tied behind his back, is a clear case of suicide, I have little hope of them gathering forensic eveidence at a murder site.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
think it was in Thursdays or Fridays press (sorry no url) that I read that crime scene reenactments were to be abolished or maybe I was dreaming?
I read the same thing. At least they recognize that it's a problem; let's hope it actually happens.

I just couldnt get my head around the incident on the highway, when he had a tare-up with O'Conner's bodyguard.

So the car pulls over and they take a piss, at which point it all kicks off between him and the bodyguard... and all four Thai's continued sleeping? Through the considerable noise of a fight? Why didnt O'Conner join in when it looked like his bodyguard was loosing? And if they had k-o'd or even killed Martin, what the fark would they have said to the four Thai's? Er, sorry, just killed your bro in law...

The figth finishs, with the bodyguard supposedly k-o'd, Martin climbs up the short 4 meter bank and has a verbal at Martin, to which Martin casualy laughs it off? And then they 'loose the bodyguard' You telling me when O'Conner was shining the torch to look for him, and 'couldnt find him' Martin wouldnt have looked? He just taked O'conners word that he had 'ran off'?

And then what? He crawled into the forrest and simply died?

Incidently this part was never cleared up in the book, was it? Who found the body? How did they find out it was the bodyguard? How did O'Conners know the bodyguard was dead before anyone else?

I feel for the guy, as 8 years in any BKK prison really must be hell, but i cant help but doubt some of his version. So much of it just dosent stitch together.

On another note, compared to Warren Fellows and the 'forget you had a daughter' author (Sandra Gregory i think), he seemed to adjust very well when he got out. A couple of rough days getting used to being free and then way-hay!! On the piss every day and shagging fit blondes! Fair play on that score. Ive just ventured out after two days and nights at home with the Mrs, and im finding normality and life on the outside very challanging indeed....

Sorry about the spelling, spellcheck wont load.

I too read the book and found his version of events to be a crock of shit.

I think he killed him, then the Thais hid the body in the bushes. He then took the other guy at knifepoint to his home, when the Mrs raised the alarm.

The more I read I thought bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. As you say nothing seems to add up. There is obviously so much more to this whole thing than he is willing to admit to, it would be very interesting to hear the perspectives of others involved (particularly the family of the "bodyguard").

INTJ.

Yep, i'm just not having it. Another thing is, the guys temper screams at you from the book... he constantly talked about 'smashing his head open', he seems like the kinda guy who would kick off first and ask questions later. To be honest, if this con man took me for all that dough, i would be itching to rip him apart also, but you cant, can you? You have to stay one step ahead of the con man, who was very clever - but this guy didnt, he would blow up in an instant.

I'm 80% sure that most of his version is bullshit. He got released, looked at the revenue oppportunity of spinning a Warren Fellows type book and made most of it up. He simply wanted to tell his tale of life inside, but obviously cant concede the truth in doing so, or he would be fucked.

Harsh opinion, but there you go...

• 1 month later...

Im with you blokes, read half of it and decided its crap.

He has to be thick giving a company money to work for them,

Very rarely I have heard of this. If you get a contract it is usually full of penalty clauses that tie you up. The way he speaks and by the look of his picture does not appear to the business CEO type. I would say at a guess that he has tried to get a deal and stuffed it all up then seeked out his revenge.

Archived