"Welcome To Hell" - inside a Thai prison

Stickman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>are never seen again.<

went on a long strange trip? ( old hippie can quote the rest of the verse )

seems that the rules are clear .. break the rules & the price is clear.

as an occassional tourist I understand that I should comply with Thai rules.

the pretty lass from OZ that was packing pot into Bali fully understands now.

like Baretta said, " don't do the crime if you can't do the

time

if that is a reasonable law/penality is not a reasonable question in the short term ..

LOS is under incredable pressure from Washington to do as they are told .. Sodomy Insane didn't kethoy for them & look what happened.

& like Chris LeDeaux croans, "there's a $5 fine for whinning .. "

or

smuggle into Thailand & the penality is worse than 72 virgins!

Madeline, Maggie, Condi, Gloria .. the nightmarish list of virgins goes on ..

texascity said:

started in the latter 1/2 of the 19th, 1885, & extendend into the 20th.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_II_of_Belgium

" an area 76 times larger than Belgium, which Leopold was free to rule as a personal domain."

" in the early 1900s. Estimates of the death toll range from 3 to 10 million"

"guys with guns are tougher to slaughter than guys with sticks!", old chinese proverb

edit: old belgian proverb. :-))))

+ the "..young as he feels" is a graucho marx proverb

perhaps the 800,000 is the # of Belgian men in hiding in their own chocoate in 1941?

:-))), lub it tu mutt!

I agree.

I have been struggling to find a decent book about Thailand.. Written by any Author..

Most books about Nightlife/Prozzies I have read seem to be of about the same level as the Cowboy books my father used to read.

If you come across any let me know the titles.

Tks

texascity said:

started in the latter 1/2 of the 19th, 1885, & extendend into the 20th.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_II_of_Belgium

" an area 76 times larger than Belgium, which Leopold was free to rule as a personal domain."

" in the early 1900s. Estimates of the death toll range from 3 to 10 million"

"guys with guns are tougher to slaughter than guys with sticks!", old chinese proverb

+ the young as he feels is a graucho marx quote

perhaps the 800,000 is the # of Belgian men in hiding in their own chocoate in 1941?

:-))), lub it tu mutt!

LOL thats why you needed wikipedia to educate you ?

wikipedia is written by anyone who cares to add to the "info".....vely reliable IMO

Care to educate me as to what happened in 1941 ???? cos I would not know :dunno:

As for the personal attacks, send them per PM :D instead of writing your idiocies here.

BB

He turned his "Congo Free State" into a massive labour camp, made a fortune for himself from the harvest of its wild rubber, and contributed in a large way to the death of perhaps 10 million innocent people.

Tuesday, 24 February, 2004

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3516965.stm

Weakness of character is the only defect that cannot be amended. ~ Francois de La Rouchefoucald

texascity said:

He turned his "Congo Free State" into a massive labour camp, made a fortune for himself from the harvest of its wild rubber, and contributed in a large way to the death of perhaps 10 million innocent people.

Tuesday, 24 February, 2004

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3516965.stm

Weakness of character is the only defect that cannot be amended. ~ Francois de La Rouchefoucald

LOL "perhaps" ?????

And still no further google on 1941 ??? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Whats your point kiddo ? That Leopold was a baddie ? yes, we all know that here.... so ?

Point is your numbers are highly inflated, because based on actual population numbers, not based on those from the 19th century, plus that the "controlled" regions were overestimated.

Still no excuse for any slaughter of course, which no one denies.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein

BB

Maybe Texascity thinks that Pearl Harbor was a Belgian state?

In the early 4tees, nobody actually was hiding but pretty much all European countries got their respective asses kicked by Hitler's brilliant Blitz krieg. A feat he fortunately couldn't repeat too much ever after.

In the process of being over run by Hitler's forces, lots of local soldiers died. Not being Belgian myself, I don't think it needs to be called for to say anybody was hididng behind anything in thoses days, cause they just didn't and people died trying in vain to defend their home turfs.

limbo said:

Maybe Texascity thinks that Pearl Harbor was a Belgian state?

In the early 4tees, nobody actually was hiding but pretty much all European countries got their respective asses kicked by Hitler's brilliant Blitz krieg. A feat he fortunately couldn't repeat too much ever after.

In the process of being over run by Hitler's forces, lots of local soldiers died. Not being Belgian myself, I don't think it needs to be called for to say anybody was hididng behind anything in thoses days, cause they just didn't and people died trying in vain to defend their home turfs.

Very well said. A lot of brave French and Belgian soldiers died trying to stop the Blitzkrieg. The BEF retreated to Dunkirk (with an uncle of mine among them) rather than get slaughtered. They left all their heavy equipment on the beach. Some historians have said that if Hitler had kept going across the Channel in 1940 Britain would have capitulated in a week.

Archived