Greetings from a newbie

spoojebob

StaggerLee said:

... unless she males, katoeys, Lady Boys, are your cup of tea, avoid Casanova and Cascade in Nana Entertainment Plaza....

...and Temptations and Obsessions. ::

Having done the trip from the States, my suggestions are:

1. sleep as much as possible.

2. invest in a shower and change of clothes at a stopover point. Carry the change in your carry-on baggage.

3. Roll in, checkin, secure your stuff. Have the security gameplan ready in advance. Maybe use something like the Pac-Safe system (Google it)

4. See if your bank can get you some Thai baht in the States (saves a bit of time)

5. Hit the Nana parking lot after you secure everything. Should be right at about 2:00 AM- perfect for the lot.

I give you this advice because, with the time change from the States, your body will feel like it's arriving sometime around noon! You'll probably be wide awake, dazed, yet well-fucked, after the first night, even more dazed the first day. MAYBE you will get some short sleep in the midmorning-early afternoon. You will probably be rarin' to go again by 8 PM. At some point, you will think' "Holy shit. I can't believe I've had this much fun in LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!"

You will be deader than a zombie the second day, sleeping an inordinately long amount of time. But, your body will still be thinking of BKK's nighttime as your daytime!

Wouldn't worry too much about the ladyboys. Seriously, your biggest problem will be to not lose something valuable (cash, camera, credit cards, passport, computer, etc.) due to a sluggish brain. Hence, the attention to security of your valuables.

Your family jewels will probably remain safe! :)

Enjoy

<<4. See if your bank can get you some Thai baht in the States (saves a bit of time)

5. Hit the Nana parking lot after you secure everything. Should be right at about 2:00 AM- perfect for the lot.>>

I'd say no to both of these

1 - Money exchange rates here a MUCH better than in the USA and banks at the airport are pretty much the same rate as here. Also ATM's give for me the best exchange rate of all, so you can get Baht on landing

2 - Sleep - If you stay up, for the rest of the trip you'll be fighting sleep in the day time and awake at and night and what will you do???

Errr - changed my mind about the 2nd one! ;)

DOG

• 2 weeks later...

From the States, I usually stay up the night before (usually leave in the a.m.), then crash about noon CST on the plane. Gets my sleep schedule started towards Bangkok time (noon CST = midnight Bangkok). Haven't had too many problems with jet lag, but I'm a spry young lad at 35! ::

monkey39

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I just returned (Dec10 actually) from LOS, and wanted to comment on the Nana Hotel and car park experience.

My first night in BKK, arrived at the Nana Hotel around 1:30am. No, I did not go to sleep after arrival. I head to my room for a quick shower and shave and then down to the lobby to see if there was any action to be had.

At that time of the morning, the car park was hopping, and the Nana lobby was a plethora of ladies. And, I can tell you that the bars were not all closed and the girls were DEFINITELY not nuns. I must say it was a little intimidating, and I really could not get my mind around the whole scene. It was a "shopping mall" of pretty Thai ladies.

Sat down in the lobby of the Nana Hotel and watched the parade for a while. Sitting there, I started chatting with a local BKK (USA) expat and along comes two SWEEEEEET little ladies that were acquaintances of the lad I was chatting with. They were a little drunk having just left the disco, but they were gorgeous and sweet. We took them to one of the Thai roadside food vendors right there along Sukhumvit(the ones everyone says not to eat at unless you want a good case of the "trots") for a late night cauldron of boiling Thai soup containing everything but the kitchen sink.

It was delicious. And so were the two TGs, of which I was graced with their company for the remainder of the night and morning.

As for the action at Nana and the car park.... I definitely prefer the laid back, liesure atmosphere of the lobby and car park, and a nice roadside snack before hitting the sack, to the high pressure go-go routine.

The selection of girls is quite good, actually there were a lot of stunners, and the FL pricing is more to my liking..... or licking..... whatever.

In any case, I had a GREAT experience staying and hanging out at the Nana, and I had more fun than a porcupine in a baloon factory.

SB

If you are ever here during one of the major Buddhist holidays, an election day or HM's birthday -- when the bars are all closed, you will still find the Nana Hotel car park hopping! I took a newbie over to Nana during the Queen's birthday last year, just to show him where Nana Plaza was so he could find it himself. The light were all out in NEP, but the car park was packed with BGs and freelancers. It looked like a scene out of "The Night of the Living Dead". Never saw so many working gals together in so small an area in my life before. ::

i stayed at the Nana and returned alone and wandered around outside and inside looking for a bedmate for the Night.

but Sayjann is not a Hansum Man and no Girls rushed up to me and promised me everything and anything i wanted......... :cussing:

ended up with Ladyboy which was a shock to my eyes as that Dick appeared as the jeans were shedded.......... :yikes:

i slept alone that Night......... :banghead::cussing:

how can anyone sleep alone at the Nana?.............. ::

just proves i am a BKK Newbie............... :shakehead

Archived