October's winners

khunsanuk

SNIFF!!!

Oh the anguish...I thought I had a sure winner, with my 'cool' dude surrounded by the kids in the village, but such was not to be! The voters have spoken and I'm gonna go to my room and sulk...

However, I extend my congrats to the winners! ::

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LukDod said:

SNIFF!!!

Oh the anguish...I thought I had a sure winner, with my 'cool' dude surrounded by the kids in the village, but such was not to be! The voters have spoken and I'm gonna go to my room and sulk...

However, I extend my congrats to the winners! ::

Probably no consulation, but (after mine), I probably liked your's the best. ::

HH

A portrait with character, I agree with you. Expression was paramount in this contest, and most of the favored pix were very good contributions.

what "made" Stick's pix was the wonderful correspondance between the 2 of them on a subtle level (hardly any expression from them, yet, so expressive as a couple), still unmistakable, showing as age brought them even more together, almost as one person. The regularity of the background behind, with earthy tone, as if each section was a decade of their lives, could not bettered. A good photography has more than just the elements in the frame. That's the case. I think Stick is a very sensitive and perceptive guy.

BTW, it would really be nice to know who are some fo the people in the pix, like the little guy with polio, is he a Suk character? Pattaya (shows you how much i don't hang out much anymore there!)?

pattaya127 said:

I think Stick is a very sensitive and perceptive guy.

And judging by the fact he is winning everything, will be able to open his own Bar (as a side-line) real soon. P.S. Stick, as I promised to donate an Aussie Shiraz as a prize, let me know what you like, as you'll probably win it...555

BTW, it would really be nice to know who are some fo the people in the pix, like the little guy with polio, is he a Suk character?

One of the Thai Gigalo's that the BG's pay to doink them after they finish their short times. They reckon after having to put up with you lot of fat smelly falangs, he's a really "hansum" man....and hung like a donkey...LOL... :: :grinyes: ::

My pix;

entry 10, girl I know from Chaweng, bumped into her on my crusade for temple pictures, she was there to have her friends bike blessed by the monks, fed some fish together with her in the temple pond and asked her if I could make a few shots since I was short on pix for this contest. Didn't quite come out as I wanted, a bit too dark IMHO, but did better than my other picture.

entry 11, acquintance from the hood. Thought this pic would do really well, since she has a lot of character in my very humble opinion. You lot obviously thought different.

Cultural barbarians, you lot.

Once all pix were up, also noticed that I should've forwarded different pix, but too late now.

Stick, never mind his advice, you go as heavy on that Beer Lao as you like old pal! Maybe wash it down with a little Lao Khao as well, excellent accompanyment, helps accentuate the subtle nuances! get good and loaded, and stay loaded! Trust me, I am an alcoholic, and I know about this shit!

(Limbo with Stick loaded, we might stand a decent chance in the next contest...encourage him to drink, I'll get Nervous dog to spike up the beer! o.k. mums the word!)

Archived