Stickman !..You ask for it...

Goodthaigirl

I agree with joeyjojo. English is a difficult language for people to learn. The grammar, vocabulary, and slangs are perplexing to most people studying english. Now unless GTG is a professor of english literature...

IMO, I think it's some guy in the states or UK. This is from deductive reasoning since it's evident from good english speakers from european countries, say sweden for example, make way more grammar mistakes than GTG.

Here's what I mean:

quote:

Stickman,
you'd
asked me to send you a message written in Thai to you because a lot of board members didn't believe I was really a Thai girl.

Notice the you'd. Obviously using abbreviation for "you had". On a hunch, I'd say the person is north american since we're more lazy and we fuggin abbreviate everything.

Want another example? tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

PS. I had to edit this post 3 time because the
"cut and paste"
I did from MS words didn't work that well. If it won't work this time - forget it!!

She/he used quotation marks for cut and paste. Now, fuck me if I'm wrong but that is too much of a coincidence. Cut and paste is a phrase and would usually go inside quotation marks.

What do you guys think? Am I columbo or what? laugh.gif" border="0

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good work Columbo , I agree , native English speaker definetely . It's punctuation is just too good .

I don't know what the internet is coming to when folk start using aliases !!!! shocked.gif" border="0

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: zoot ]

สวัสดีค่ะ คุณสติคแมน,

ไม่เข้าใจจริงๆว่าทำไมสมาชū ; 6;กบอร์ดจึงไม่เชื่อว่าเราเป 655;นผู้หญิงไทย

เพราะว่าเราไม่ conform กับ sterotype ของ

ผู้หญิงไทย???

From now on I try to post the message in Thai as well as in English. How about that? smile.gif" border="0

Yes i can read thai rather well so please more posts in Thai and German too this year.

(i know its against the rules...but is a new year and something can changing).

smile.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Dan:

เราไม่ต้องให้คน นั้นกำลังใจเลย

ละทิ้งเขาดีกว่านะ

[ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: Dan ]

แปลว่าอะไรหน่ะ ไม่เข้าใจ หรือว่าคุณใช้โปรแกรมแปลภาŪ 5;าอังกฤตเป็นไทย?

คราวหน้าเขียนเป็นภทษทอังกũ 5;ตก็ได้นะ ถ้าลำบากกับการใช้ภาษาไทย

Originally posted by Good Thai Girl:

แปลว่าอะไรหน่ะ ไม่เข้าใจ หรือว่าคุณใช้โปรแกรมแปลภาŪ ; 5;าอังกฤตเป็นไทย?

คราวหน้าเขียนเป็นภทษทอังกũ ; 5;ตก็ได้นะ ถ้าลำบากกับการใช้ภาษาไทย[/quote ]

ok... you got me there. But why do you think I need to use a program to translate? Well, yes, I'm obviously not a native Thai speaker. But I do try. What I tried to say there was that you do not need encouragement กำลังใจ ????. We'd be better off to ignore you.

I'm not buying it for an instant.

flyz,

Patronizing? Nope, I say it the way I see it. And yes, I have to remind myself to talk s l o w when speaking to non-enlish speakers. You know why? Because maybe they can't understand the words coming outta my mouth. <-- Chris Tucker syndrome.

Tyler D , I don't think your post was patronising at all , I mean the fact is that a name like that IS going to promote discussions , & probably this is the reason people choose names such as this . I don't think you have flamed anyone , I doubt you will get booted by KS , you will probably get a warning 1st . You should be ok. He seems a reasonable guy .

I was going to make a joke about if GTG had american teachers from kindergarten , then how did she learn english so well , but I won't cos I know some folk are sensitive.

I went to University to study english , as well as being born into it , & I still can't write it corrcetly , but then again I am just a stupid alcoholic Aaannntaaarrrctttican! laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Dan:

Originally posted by Good Thai Girl:

[qb]แปลว่าอะไรหน่ะ ไม่เข้าใจ หรือว่าคุณใช้โปรแกรมแปลภาŪ ; ; 5;าอังกฤตเป็นไทย?

คราวหน้าเขียนเป็นภทษทอังกũ ; ; 5;ตก็ได้นะ ถ้าลำบากกับการใช้ภาษาไทย
[/quote ]

ok... you got me there. But why do you think I need to use a program to translate? Well, yes, I'm obviously not a native Thai speaker. But I do try. What I tried to say there was that you do not need encouragement กำลังใจ ????. We'd be better off to ignore you.

I'm not buying it for an instant.[/QB]

Well..it's your problem - not mine wink.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by tyler durden:

flyz,

Patronizing? Nope, I say it the way I see it. And yes, I have to remind myself to talk s l o w when speaking to non-enlish speakers. You know why? Because maybe they can't understand the words coming outta my mouth. <-- Chris Tucker syndrome.

you see, that is one of the things which constantly piss me (non-native english speaker) off. i have even had native english speakers who were just half literate in their own language, completely unable to understand any other language, start speaking tinglish with me even though my vocabulary and grammar was way beyond theirs.

and i am fluent in three languages, understand two or three more to some extend. so maybe you should get down from your tower and realise that it is not that difficult to speak and write english.

why is english the world language? because it takes a lot more effort to achieve communication skills in french/mandarin/portugese/spanish/german.

Archived