Archiving part of the Jakarta thread

gobbledonk

Hi All,

Ultimately, its up to KS, but does anyone else feel that the Jakarta thread has become a little unwieldy ? Something along the lines of:

Post 1 : a link to the first 'chunk'

Posts 2-50 : the last 50 posts on the thread

A large proportion of the thread is devoted to describing the hot (and not-so-hot) nightspots in Jakarta, and that info has changed so much since the thread started.

Finally, I dont know what the impact on the server is when someone clicks on 'all', but it must be fun waiting for it to load into the browser.

Cheers,

Art

On the Sammyboy Forum, the "Jakarta" thread stores more than 5000 posts. On the ISG, around 3500 (plus 2000 others about Bandung, Semarang, Yogja, Surabaya, Bali, Medan, ect).

The NP's one, with 'only' 900 posts, is not that huge.

Yet with the restructuration, all the Regional Forum should be IMO remodeled ; an 'Indonesia' section with subforums (JKT, Other Cities, General Info, ect) should be really fine.

:up:

Yet with the restructuration, all the Regional Forum should be IMO remodeled ; an 'Indonesia' section with subforums (JKT, Other Cities, General Info, ect) should be really fine.

I see your point Prosal, but not sure how thrilled KS would be having to go to this much trouble on a board where the main focus is *Thailand* .....

Hi,

"I see your point Prosal, but not sure how thrilled KS would be having to go to this much trouble on a board where the main focus is *Thailand* ..... "

Actually, Regional is one of the few forums where I can see subforums being useful, and I am considering some regional subforums. Nothing to the exent that Prosal is talking about though :)

Likely setup will be:

Regional Sanuk

- Cambodia

- Indonesia

- Phillipines

- Singapore ?

- S.America ?

- Europe ?

The main Regional Sanuk forum would still be used for all non-Thai related discussions, but those about the above mentioned countries could also be placed in their own subforum.

Sanuk!

Archived