"Early" Retirement visa question

Cyberoy69

I'm 46 and don't qualify for the retirement visa presently available to those over 50. Is there any way around this, i don't really want to do border runs every 30 days for the next three years. On this subject, has anyone heard of the "3 million baht visa", that requires a deposit of 3 million baht into a Thai bank account which grants you a one year visa? Any suggestions appreciated.

Never heard of a B3M visa. Maybe you are thinking of the Elite card? http://www.thailandelite.com B1M to get it and B40K/yr to keep it. But you get free 1 year visas...

Or if you set up a Thai company (it doesn't actually have to do anything), you can get a 1 yr B visa. But the costs are about the same as an Elite card and more paperwork/hassle paying taxes & all).

Cheers,

SD

You could get a one year multiple entry Non Immigrant "O" visa which gives you 90 days, extendable at immigration for another 30 days.

Effectively, you can get nearly 16 months because you go to the border (or out of the country) just before it expires and then extend for another 30 days.

T: but how would he qualify for that? Likely as not they would only give him 90 day single entry (a mate just went through this at the consulate in Honkers)?

OP & TH: Oh, an investment visa. Never heard it called a "B3M Visa" before. But I also do not know anyone who has one...not sure if that means anything or not...

Cheers,

SD

ThaiHome said:

I think op is refering to this 3-mil Baht Investment Visa.

Long thread from last year, but Seems you can buy a condo fo 3 mil or more and get a year visa.

TH

Here's a query and reply on the Thai Immigaration Bureau website, Special 3 Million Baht Investment Visa. This from Sept. 2005.

The investment can be in either a government bank time deposit, in Thai government bonds or in a condo. I believe the 3 million can be invested in more than one condo if desired and there can be an investment mix of bank, bonds and/or condo.

-redwood

I have heard of this investment visa of at least 3 mil baht. I have seen advertisement and also a guy in the omni said he is on one after his condo purchase..

My question to anyone..If one incorporates to buy a house, would this equate to qualifying for this type of visa? I really don't want a condo but rather buy a house for better investment purposes....

CB

Archived