End of year comp - What do you suggest

Nervous_Dog

Maybe each contestant a max amount of 5 pictures to be entered, and the total score divided by 5 of each centestant???????

Portfolio or series of pix or both?????

He called me a blue wombat, grmmmbl grmmmbl, I'll get back at him, grmmmbl grmmmbl I'll just put a light to his fart, see who's laughing than.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, of course, i am all for a modicum of input from pros, to level the contest to the format of the writing one (does this one have better prizes, BTW?). I doubt we should fear their judgement, and they may help with a few explanations as to what made a pix work, therefore, what will make one work for the 2006 monthly contests.

My own experience tells me the eyes of others are a great way to improve with a few easy changes, one's photo-taking. These guys could provide that bit of help.

Maybe a vote on all this (in GD!), not just my idea, could be a good thing. which pix, voting procedure, extra jury, etc...

Hi,

"Could you set up each entry as a separate competition, the 4/5 pics get voted on as they do now, the winner being the one with the highest total score for the pics entered."

Yes, I guess so, but it would be quite a bit of work. And it might mess up the gallery front page. To be honest I am already beginning to wonder how to handle the growing list of subforums in the Contest forum now.

Maybe I can use yearly subforums which contain the monthly forums?

Sanuk!

Khunsanuk said;

"Maybe I can use yearly subforums which contain the monthly forums?"

Sounds like a plan to me. Will you than get one folder called contest 2006 with inside that folder the monthly comps or would all pix rather be 'dumped' into one big heap?

When I first proposed the idea of a series of photos, I was thinking either 2 things. Either 1) a "portfolio type thing" maybe 5 pictures from 5 different categories. Or, 5 Pictures that illustrate a story, Photo journalist style. We could decide on the number of Photos.

KS,

Maybe a way to technically handle this would be to just post all the photos from one contestant, as a single post, then vote on the post? just an idea...

It would be nice to take shots from the gallery as well, but no real way to do it annonymously...as I am the most loved on this boared (I won that contest years back, and only voted for myself once!) I would of course have an unfair advantage!

Sorry to burst tour bubble OH, but it's time to get you off cloud 9 before it's too late. Having won the writing contest (congrats again tho!) doesn't mean you'll win one of these photo contests. I'm all for dissing that Stickman character together, but after that you'll have to get by me and than Cent. Clearly impossible.

You guys are small potatoes! I am currently plotting with Stickman to obliviate the both of you! Then he and I will battle it out on a pay for view event! Portfolios at dawn...however, as a Professional, AWARD WINNING author AND photographer, I may sit out the contest and perhapes serve as a judge...or sponsor...only fair for those not in my league...

And nice try for the Photoshopped pics of me and Nong Tum! Trying to discredit me? Ha! I am now that much stronger with the Katoey community on this board! You will never win! NEVER I SAY! Wait, I am typing crap on the net, welst in BKK, less than 100 meters from soi 7? Hmmm, I'll save the shit talking for home, I'm off to boink TGs! well, I hope she's a TG...I won't let that Katoey fool me a 7th time! er ah...nothing gay etc...

Archived