Picking up Phuket girl from AKL airport Sunday?

persil

Hi everyone,

I used to be a member a long time ago, but have not been active for a few years. In fact retired from nightlife a couple of years back, now living in Lao PDR. I wanted to rejoin this board for non-nightlife info exchange, and dis-associate from my past.

I flew to New Zealand recently, from BKK, arrived on Sunday Nov 20 at AKL airport.

Next to my wife , who speaks very little Thai, sat a goodlooking Thai woman, about late twenties, dark, very issaan looking face. If she'd been sitting next to me, I'd struck up a conversation, but I didn't want to do so across my wife, might have made her a bit un comfortable.

Anyway, the Issaan girl didn't say boo to a goose, maybe shy, just smiled a dazzling smile at me from time to time. She slept most of the way. On the last leg, from Sydney, she was sleeping while the arrival forms were handed out. When the plane landed, hers had dropped on the floor. While preparing to get up, she noticed it, looked at it with a puzzled expression. I took it she probably read little english.

So I asked her if she needed help, since she would need the form filled out for customs. She looked happy with that offer, so on my wife's suggestion, we swapped places (the plane was already at a standstill), and I helped her fill in the form. Yes, she was from Khon Kaen, 28 (I think), job 'cashier' (I didn't ask where).

Only coming to visit Nz for a short period (2 weeks, two months, I forgot)

So i asked if she was being picked up at the airport (Thought that for someone with so little english it maybe a bit difficult)

Oh yes, by a friend.

Khon thai?

No, Khon falang

You meet friend khon Falang in KK?

No, Phukhet!.

which confirmed my educated guess.

Some lucky bloke on the other side of the customs barrier hopefully by now received this lovely woman, good on him.

Hey, if you're a board member, tell us your story

I didn't see her after customs because her queue was much longer than ours. I hope she had a visa already, since that may otherwise have caused her problems getting in. Did she ever get in?, don't know.

I do know I wished I'd started talking to her before, just for the benefit of that wonderful smile.

I hope all goes well for her and the bloke in future.

Archived