A/C Adaptor???

SiamIAm

Thailand is 220 volts. Your transformer should say what the input voltage is on the label. Often transformers will say 120v-240v input or have a switch (more common on directly plugged in devices, such as TV or VCR's). If this is the case, then you will not need another transformer to change to voltage.

You will not need an adaptor to fit the plug configuration, since a Thailand 240v receptacle will accept a US 120v plug (which can cause some problems in itself).

The shaver outlet in a bathroom will more than likely be unable to supply sufficient current to supply the power needs of your charger. Don't rely on it.

Your power supply as stated previously may very well be multi voltage.

Rictic,

As a matter of interest........

How many amps will a shavers socket supply?

What supply is required for a Digital Camcorder?

SiamIAm could help us out by looking at his adaptor and letting us now what it says next to input.

I was just trying to make life easy and in my experience with phones / Digi cameras cordless power drills I have always successfully been able to use the bathroom socket.

The Hamburger

quote:

Originally posted by SiamIAm:

Anyone out there know if I would need a Adaptor for re-charging a (U.S.) digital cam-corder while in thailand?

Most chargers are bi-voltage, but check it first (i burnt the charger on my first video trip, and could not find one in BKK, had to carry the damned camera for nothing) make sure you get the rounded tips plug (european standard).

Normal max power rating for in bathroom shaver sockets is 20W which works out at 0.1818A, so a very slow trickle charge.

This is still high enough to do you some damage if you play with electricity particularily if you are wet.

Archived