November contest entries online

khunsanuk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ND,

Yes, but I also think this may be due to the subject matter. Many who visit here take pics of temples and have a number of them in their portfolios/files to choose from. Plus they are a stationary target/op and usually very colorful or interesting (older ones). Whereas odd photos such as soi dogs, foodstalls, portraits etc. are much more luck and "right place at the right time", so less to choose from for the entrant and much harder to capture, especially for those who are not here at the time of the contest to be able to go out and actively search for an entry to shoot. So, just my view on why this would be so this month. Lots of good pics, some very common ones as well though. Actually a good postcard collection for tourists to buy! :: :D Would likely sell well on Suk! :)

Cent

SD,

Hey, maybe we should do up some of the pics here into postcards for KS to sell to help support the site? :: With the photographers permission of course! Some great pics have been uploaded here that would make for some different and cool postcards that the tourists might just love. An idea?

Cent

p.s. And yes, glad ND has to go out and buy some prizes! Just wish he had some more beer Lao. I bought some Angkor beers at Khao Phra Vihan shops while with OH this week visiting the ruins. Have them chilling for tonight's dinner refreshments. Ask OH about the small bottles of Johnnie Walker Black, Green, Gold and Blue he bought there in Cambodia. He got screwed. I'll let him tell the story of how he got gyped on this by those sneaky Khmers! :D

ND,

I agree. This subject matter for this month's contest should have been easy for many more to enter some pics. Most have some pics of temples I would think worthy of entering from their trips here. Maybe the prizes aren't to their taste? (Non-drinkers?) :: :D Prolly waiting to see barfines paid for contest prizes? ::

Cent

Hi,

"Hey, maybe we should do up some of the pics here into postcards for KS to sell to help support the site?"

Not sure about this. Sounds like a lot of hassle.

On a related (kinda) note, I did find a site that allows me to add a bit of code to the gallery pages which will then allow people to download pics to their mobile phones.

Would you guys be interested in me adding this?

Sanuk!

Archived