November contest entries online

khunsanuk

Damm. I missed this one. Should have sent my pics in.

But I is confused. I thought all the pics had to be Thailand related. Are we wanting to start a war again in PP by saying Angkor belongs to the Thais?

PS maybe at the same time as putting the Current months headline at the top of the page, the next months theme and deadline could be put in as well?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nervous_Dog said:

I had thought of this, but seeing as the area at times either owned thailand and visa versa it didn;t bug me too much.

Also a temple from Mynmar I think or Loas????

DOG

There are Khymer-style ruins in many parts of Thailand. The ones in/at Pimai (near Korat) are almost a miniature Angkor.

The resemblance is startling !

Aside from that, I thought that it was decided that the subject matter was pretty-much open. A temple, church, cathedral...all being considered appropriate and without restriction on locaton. Maybe I misread? In any event, my submission was captured in Thailand and I think conforms to the "usual" interpretation of "temple" :) (Even though it isn't doing as well as I'd like.)

HH

limbo said:

OH is so silent, it's not his pic in he lead, is it?

Some advertisement would be good indeed!

No idea...I am busy with bars girls and SSG anonymous meetings here in BKK.

BTW, Angkor used to belong to Thailand, the won Siem Reap means "victory over Siam" or something...lit was lost in a war. Even more contreoversial is Khao Phra Viharn. Which I now have pictures of! Thanks to Cent.

Hi,

Yes, I removed one of the pictures (the one with a face pasted on top of a Buddha). I personally thought it was quite funny, but knowing how anal the government in this country is I figured it be better to remove it to prevent any possible problems.

I know see that it has been removed completely, it looked at first that the thread was kept, just without the photo. Guess everything is gone now.

Apologies to the author, hope you understand.

As for entry 5, I did not see any discrepancies in voting. The scores are quite close to each other though, so one high vote could move any of the pics up.

Prices? Up to ND I suppose.

Sanuk!

limbo said:

Did I miss something or did entry 5 come out of nowhere to go into 3rd spot?

I noticed that also. The average jumped way too much for a single vote...even if a "10" were given. I think it would take multiple high votes to get it boosted there. You would think that the averages of other pics would change also if multiple voters were involved. But they did not. Hmmmmmmm....

HH

Archived