GoGo ranking system updates

khunsanuk

Hi,

I've made some additional changes to the GoGo Ranking system and would like to get some input on some other ideas I have.

First of all, the changes made today are on bar information pages. I have added an extra section on them called 'Info for {barname}'. This section contains the area the bar is located in, average scores for the last month, 3 months and year and the prices for the various drinks and barfines.

What I would like to do is expand this section with a few more pieces of info:

- a graph showing avg scores over the last year (by month)

- a photo of the bar (front or inside)

- a small description of the bar

The first of those is something I will have to do myself (will need to figure out first how to make graphics from with PHP, but should be able to do it), the other 2 I could definitely need some help with.

For the description I was thinking of adding a small form on the bar info page for people to fill out. The form would contain the following questions:

- Size of the bar : small, medium, large

- Number of girls :

- Number of floors : 1, 2, 3, 4

- Number of stages : 1, 2, 3, 4

- Shows : Yes, No

Not sure yet whether I would write some code to automatically keep track of this info, or have the form send the info to me and I update the database manually from time to time. First option is probably better.

Then, pictures. While I will be able to write code to automatically display them, I think pics will have to be send to me so I can crop / resize them to the correct size and upload to the correct location on the server.

Okay, those are the changes I have made and am planning. Would like to hear some suggestions and comments on them.

Sanuk!

Hi,

" - a small description of the bar"

This has been fully implemented as well. I'll try adding a couple of descriptions myself, but would appreciate if others would help out.

If a description already exists, you can still add your own values. The system will average all and display the results. So, again, the more people add in these descriptions the more accurate (and less susceptible to abuse) the descriptions will be.

BTW, I've also added a 'viewed' counter to the comments page of each bar.

Sanuk!

Hi,

" - a graph showing avg scores over the last year (by month)"

Done.

On the bar info pages there is now a link to 'Display graph' which brings up a graph showing the average score per month over the last year.

While it works fine now, I am not certain how it will work if the year displayed consists of parts of 2 years. Guess I'll find out in January :)

I'll see if I can create some graphs for the areas as well. These will go on the overview page.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"I'll see if I can create some graphs for the areas as well."

And these are now in as well.

Would love to hear some feedback on all of this, btw? Are these additions useful? Are there any features that you would like to see added?

Sanuk!

PS Nervous_Dog, I checked and the system does remember the values you have already entered for the current month when you add new values.

Hi,

Added an extra line of info, Katoeys, to the bar info page (as suggested in the Why not? thread). It shows whether or not the bar has katoeys or not, and if so how many.

I've also added a dropdown menu to the same page to allow easier movement between the different bars in the area.

Sanuk!

Archived