Thai Movie Recommendations

Aggie91

I didn't see a specific Movies section, maybe Arts and Culture. Anyway...

I've seen Ong-Bak, another where this pop music band goes to a hotel and is killed off by a female ghost with long black hair, and another one where this girl is in a hospital and some lady was killed and had her body dumped at the end of a pier and her ghost comes back.

Here at the US Army camp where I work in Iraq, there is a local market we go to. They sell all sorts of boot-legged DVDs, many from SE Asia. That's where I got the 3 movies noted above.

Any recommendations for other Thai language movies. I'm up for any genre. I'd like to here more of the language before I come to Bangkok for the first time, in late January.

Thanks!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen only one Thai movie, I think, so that makes it easy to recommend one!

The title is "Bangkok Dangerous", and it's about a deaf assasin. It's an okay action flick. Worth seeing, if for nothing else, then that his lovely girlfriend, played by Premsinee Ratanasopha, is just yummy.

http://www.idolworld.com/actress/premsinee/index2.html

hi Aggie.

i started a Thread a couple of Weeks ago about http://ethaicd.com/list.php?catid=3

i use them a lot and i highly recommend them.

not a lot of info on the Films themselves but they are a very reliable Company and have always treated me very well.

and as they advertise on this Board if you click on the link that KS has provided then he gets a little commission.

Guest lazyphil

Bangkok Dangerous is good...Dang Bierley (sp?).....and the movie about the cop who wears a black glove to kill, has a war wounded hair dresser in the storey whos trying to get enough money for his sick child to go to hospital by working as a hit man, brilliant movie....cant remember its name?...thai boffins help please!....also the movie about the chinese immigrant whos a cannibal, weird film, good, name escapes me?

"3 days in october" ( english name ) was in theaters in fall of 2000

about the student revolt in the '73

english sub titles .. some funny exchanges between the Chula & Thammasat students.

of course the sub titles resulted in lost dialogue .. thai audiece laughing when the sub titles were rather non humorious

'factual' story about the student demonstrations that resulted in the outing of Thanin & the military junta .. reputed to be factual regarding a current Thammasat University professor of poetry & 1973 student leader Teerayuth Boonmee

theater version had a trailer with a current, 2000?, interview with the professor & his take on the movie

Hey! Thanks for all the movie listing and links. The Phii Borb movie looks interesting, but after having seen a ton of the "scary ghost girl with stringy long black hair that walks all jerky and stuff :whatever:" movies (originals and lame American remakes), I'm a bit gunshy. I am willing to give it a go, though.

Its going to take awhile to get through all the stuff here so I better get to it!

Thanks again.

Oh, and keep 'em coming! :D

Archived