Thai Movie Recommendations

Aggie91

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Killer Tattoo" .

Don't know the Thai name and it's a few years old now but one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Other BM's may be able to give more detail. It is the movie with a thai guy in it who thinks he's Elvis and will only speak English.

Cheers Hall

• 2 weeks later...

Alfmaz,

Just tried the link: http://www.pbar.info/index.html

was able to get to the site...maybe was "down" when you tried it?

I still have had no communication from the director.

If I see Dean Barrett tonight, I will ask if he has any current info.

I also contacted a friend in Canada where there were suppose to have shown the movie on Canadian TV, but no replay yet.

Happy New Year!!!

Mike

I liked Bangkok Dangerous, Beautiful Boxer, SuriyaThai, and this one...which I think translates to "The Holy Man"

956fa343.jpg

A really corny/funny Thai style comedy. Also saw one called the Black hand or "The Hunter" Not sure of exact title...also "Salaween" about a young Police commanderon the Burma Border andsome illeagle logging family...

texascity said:

"3 days in october" ( english name ) was in theaters in fall of 2000

about the student revolt in the '73

english sub titles .. some funny exchanges between the Chula & Thammasat students.

of course the sub titles resulted in lost dialogue .. thai audiece laughing when the sub titles were rather non humorious

'factual' story about the student demonstrations that resulted in the outing of Thanin & the military junta .. reputed to be factual regarding a current Thammasat University professor of poetry & 1973 student leader Teerayuth Boonmee

theater version had a trailer with a current, 2000?, interview with the professor & his take on the movie

Any ideas where I might be able to get a copy of "3 days in October...?" I have a documentry on this, but not the movie...the one I have is just a bunch of news footage...brutal violence, some what surprised you can buy it...

Archived