Contest Voting

limbo

Hi Hugh,

Good point you raise here.

I voted that contestants can't vote on their own picture. It can lead to fraudulent behaviour and we don't want anybody tempted on this board, now do we. Especially not OH, but I guess that's for another thread.

I vote for mine, usually a 8-9. Basically, I feel it cancels out the other guys voting for their own who deny doing so. I give 10's to the ones I feel are better than the others...This last contest I only voted (once) for my own. If possible, can we install a feature that will not allow us to vote for our own? or as with the writing contest, simple vote for the 3 we think are best?

Limbo,

Are you accusing me of cheating? Well, I admit it, but obviously not very good, as I can only occassionally manage 3rd place... :) Also, I donate a fair amount of prizes, so sort of stupid to cheat to win crap wine I can't drink anyway...I suppose there is the principle involved though... :)

Hugh Hoy,

I am not gay! No matter what Gumi and Nervous dog say! :)

I really like the idea of not scoring the pix, but just voting for the top three that you like. Makes voting much easier and would encourage more participation. Maybe. The pix with the most votes wins.

But would that be easy to police KS. What would the failure modes be?

Regards,

SD

Yes I think enforced not voting for your own pic would be best but better than that would be NOT showing the scores which would scupper those trying to manipulate the result. I'm sure I noticed some suspect voting in the last minutes of this past contest. If the score were not revealed until it was over this could not happen and it would not influence your own voting.

After the strange voting paterns of late I favour trying out voting for your 3 favorite pics and banning voting for your own entries. I also like the idea of keeping the current scores private until the voting's closed. Having said that, I think the best pictures have usually been voted the winners in the contests so far.

pe7e said:

After the strange voting paterns of late I favour trying out voting for your 3 favorite pics and banning voting for your own entries. I also like the idea of keeping the current scores private until the voting's closed. Having said that, I think the best pictures have usually been voted the winners in the contests so far.

So far, I think you've pretty-much (and concisely) incorporated the ideas, feelings, concerns and remedies exprssed above. And I would support the recommendations.

HH

Archived