Death at Nana?

dddave

My GF's sister who works service at a Nanaplaza bar says that four or five nights ago, there was an altercation between a Farang and a Thai man in which the farang was killed. This supposedly happened around midnite. The Thai aledgedly fled the scene and the police reportedly told all the girls to keep quiet about it.

I have seen nothing about this on any of the boards or other news sources, area regulars I've asked know nothing about it.

Anybody out there know anything about this?? It seems improbable that and incident such as this at that time of night wouldn't have been witnessed by a lot of people.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know anything about it, but the part about the "police [telling] all the girls to keep quiet about it' rings very true. It is almost instinctive here to bury news about this sort of thing.

One thing I have noticed when gangs of Thais attack a farang is that other Thai men (and some TGs) will cluster around and try to keep other farangs from even seeing what is going on. This continues with the police even when a person/body is carried out of the plaza. If you ask some Thais about it, they will deny that anything happened even if you just saw it happen a scant five minutes ago.

The good news is that this starting to change. As Thais, including BGs through contact with Farangs, change and become more globalized, this sort of behavior is less prevalent, and BGs will talk about what happened. But there is still a strong "bury and hide the bad news to protect Thailand's face" mindset here.

Anyone else know or see anything? What day?

Weird said:Think it will be unsafe for me if I catch something like that on film?

sure the Mafia who has learnt in their methods from the CIA will hunt you down! you will not make it to the immigration counter at Don Muang but to fly from a balcony will add to your vacation experience! :neener:

I heard of a motorcycle accient where a Thai rider ran over a farang crossing the road at of near NEP. This was a week-ten days ago. Was told the Thai got up, dusted himself off, went back to the limp body of the farang and kicked him a few times, then drove off. But I did not hear that the farang died, just that he was taken away by ambulance.

May be the same incident. Or not. :dunno:

Cheers,

SD

BG's become more globalized!"
Ok, that quote is funny, except that my actual words were: "As Thais, including BGs through contact with Farangs, change and become more globalized, this sort of behavior is less prevalent..." But not as funny, and certainly not as naive, as:
the Thais are so tolerant and peaceful!
On a more serous note, appearances are deceptive here, and it is unfortunate that this sort of stuff happens - much more routinely than farangs even suspect.

Since we have beat this to death before, I hate to go there. But since you did LOL...

I do not see the comment the Thais are so tolerant and peaceful! being very Pollyannaish or naive. Given the amount of shit the Thais put up with in the bar scene here, they certainly are tolerant. If blokes acted up in the bars and with the girls in the States the way they do here Bangers, there would be 1000x more incidents!

That said, the motocy guy mentioned above was way outta line -- it is a vehicle driver's responsibility to avoid slower moving traffic. I cannot comment on the other incident cuz I know nothing about it.

As far as the police action, that happens in all tourist towns in the States too. Bad PR affects the economy. When was the last times you heard of a suicude or homicide on the Las Vegas strip? Happens several times a month (suicides, homocides more rare), but you never hear anything about it.

Regards,

SD

Archived