Death at Nana?

dddave

As to the "falling at NaNa", around September, this was no rumor. A young Thai guy was running from the police afterhours because they had caught him gambling. During the chase, he fell to his death. He was related to the owner of one of NaNa's more popular gogos.

I think I know a little bit about the current controversy involving the allegedly dead farang, as well. The poster who wrote of the motorcycle incident related the story as I've heard it, from a Thai who witnessed the incident. I did, not, however, hear that the farang died. As of a day or two ago, I heard that he'd been in a coma for 3 days. He may well have passed, since then, I just haven't heard that, yet.

The story of the Thai guy falling is definitely true. The details of the more recent incident involving the farang are a bit sketchier, at present. But I know that the later altercation did occur. I'm just not sure how the farang came out of it. I certainly hope that the rumors of his death are untrue.

Manos.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suadam

Still got your head buried in the sand over this one eh.

Do you really think that obnoxious behaviour warrants getting beaten to a pulp or murdered?

Sorry I don't buy it?

There is enough evidence out there of many many incidents where the punishment is way out of line to the supposed crime.

Yeah stuff happens all over the world and with the seedy nighlife and alcohol and drugs there is always the chance of random violence but in Thailand it just seems things are a little worse for the unprotected farang.

I don't think the Tiger is saying it is justified, I think he is mearly saying they put up with a lot of shit before they go off. You could never get away here, with the type of crap I see farangs getting away with in LOS...the result would be violence as well, and most likely sooner...I AM NOT SAYING IT IS NECEESSARILY JUSTIFIED!

"There is enough evidence out there of many many incidents where the punishment is way out of line to the supposed crime."

yes... I must second as well the idea that kicking an unconscious person coz he had the wrong idea to stand on the path of one's motorbike is an out of line punishment... totally far off and scary reaction from the thai bloke there...

Thanks OH. That is indeed the global point.

Zorro: Are certain beatings "justified" by the receivers behaviour? Maybe. I'll make that call on a case-by-case basis. But when in doubt, I'll probably take the Thai's side just because of the shit I see people do here. And there are three places in the world where I feel very, very safe from random violence: here, Japan and Oz. Sorry if you do not believe that, but the facts are that I have lived in Thailand for 10+ years of the past 20. Have you ever lived here? Or just visited? If the later, then how do you justify your observations? Or are you basing it upon anecdotal evidence which by definition would be suspect?

Random: Agreed totally.

Regards,

SD

As the OP of this thread I feel that I should set the record as straight as possible.

I have spent the better part of this day talking to people pretty familiar with all that goes on around Nana, this includes several that are closely connected to owners and managers of several Nana Bars and a few that spend more time on Big Dog's and GBB's stools than they do in their own beds; the virtually unanimous opinion is that this incident never happened, that it could not have happened as described to me without being witnessed by many people and would have been virtually impossible to keep in the can.

I have to agree, I'm sure the Nana bar-girl network, teeming with bored, tipsy and attention hungry "Nings" is fertle ground for all sorts of fanciful rumors and fabrications that take on a life of there own with each repitition.

I certainly don't want to be looked on as a source of an ill-founded rumor, especially about something as serious as an alledged homicide. I had hoped I had worded my OP in a way that made clear that I was seeking confirmation off, not reporting the incident; some readers seem to have mis-understood that.

I heard the incident involved an African man waving a gun, enraged that he had been denied entrance to a go go. He was disarmed and taken away. No dead bodies. Today at New Wave on soi 7 I saw a foulmouthed young farang involved in a dispute that lead to the involvment of the Tourist Police. They were cool and professional in every way. Where I come from the obnoxious farang would have been cuffed and hauled away just for his disgusting filthy mouth. I was very impressed with the behavior of the Thai policemen involved in this incident.

Samak says-

good luck the Thais are so tolerant and peaceful!

LOL-

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yea sure and the earth is not round!!

Let s not start the giant debate about how dangerous LOS is or is not-We all have different perspectives and yes many Farangs are assholes especially around Soi 4- But The Thai are so seriously repressed emotionally that when they explode they go nuts then pretend nothig happened.Yea yea yea I also really do believe many of the Thai are sweethearts as well. Its just that many Farang dont have clue how to decide who is who.

Sorry but YOURS is the quote of the day. :)

Archived