Death at Nana?

dddave

samak said:

....but it is amazing that not more happens given how certain visitors behave in such places! good luck the Thais are so tolerant and peaceful!

I am with you 100%, sometimes I feel like becomming violent, when I see how my countrymen (and others of course) behave in LOS.

Merry X-Mas everybody

MaW :xmascheer:xmassmile:reindeer::snowman::elf: :elf: :snowcool::snowgrin::snowlaugh

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"All I can say J is that you must live in a real crap neighborhood here in BKK, "

Where did you get that supposition?

Thats just plain rude and rather unkind.On the contrary I live ina rather plush surrounding ha ha If you would care to read my post and not project onto it was rather middle of the road.

Geez...

<< I think he is mearly saying they put up with a lot of shit before they go off. >>

I suppose you didn't see the post I made some time back about a Brit who was whacked in the head twice with a club or hammer and left in a pool of blood. His mate arrived shortly afterwards and got the guy off to Bamrungrad, where the pulled him through. The horrendous offence by the obnoxious Farang? Oh, yeah ... he got crap service in Hollywood Rock, so he gave the waitress a 25 satang tip. That pissed off some bar boys, who ambushed him when he walked out of Nana. Got him from behind, as usual.

p.s. I know the guy who took him to Bamrungrad. He told me about it in detail.

Yes it seems now in Bangkok voilence against foriegners do not have to be provoked. Be careful at ATM at night. In this year alone, 2 of my friends were smacked and robbed at ATM at night. 1 time in Ratchada Bangkok about midnight, 2 guys on motorcycle came and smacked his head with the bike lock and took his cash and his cards. Some nice guy who saw what happened took him to hospital and he needed 12 stiches for his head wound. But he still suffers permanent hearing damage on one side of his ear.

Another one happened to another friend who came to Bangkok for his first trip and on the first night. He was smacked as well from behind with some metalic object at an ATM near Klong Tan, Petburi Rd and the robbers took his money, wallet, passport and took off on a motorcycle. There were some people saw it but no one offered help. He had to stop a taxi with his body and a bleeding head to go to a hospital. He suffered some permanent damage to the brain as well. Has constant headache now and cannot concentrate at all on anything. I think he probably won't come back to Thailand ever again.

Also watch out for Thai guys when start to drink and getting drunk.

The horrendous offence by the obnoxious Farang? Oh, yeah ... he got crap service in Hollywood Rock, so he gave the waitress a 25 satang tip. That pissed off some bar boys, who ambushed him when he walked out of Nana. Got him from behind, as usual.

Not a good idea to insult the girls like that....even if they deserve it. Some of them have boyfriends, brothers, cousins outside just itching to give some farang a kicking.

I generally feel pretty safe here as well...but if you ask a Thai how safe Bangkok is, they will say it is VERY unsafe. It may be that we are sheltered from many of the dangers going on...which are highlighted daily in the Thai language press.

Still, I would agree that Farnags are bothered less often than Thai's...but with the rise of nationalism, and the war on drugs, etc. this may be changing, and not for the better.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The horrendous offence by the obnoxious Farang? Oh, yeah ... he got crap service in Hollywood Rock, so he gave the waitress a 25 satang tip. That pissed off some bar boys, who ambushed him when he walked out of Nana. Got him from behind, as usual.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought some drinks near NEP one night. Later, I met up with some of my friends and told them that I bought some drinks at such and such place and was short changed by 40 baht. A thai man over heard my conversation and wanted to know where I bought the drinks. It turned out the Thai man saw me buying some drinks at that place and what he needed was confirmation. Once I told him the place, he was ready to go there and kick some ass. He actually did go there and caused a stir. It turned out the Thai man did not like those people because he claimed they were from Burma. We think we live in our own little world but do not see at times the other players perform their own song and dance around us.

Just got back from my first trip to bkk. Spent every bloody night of a full week at nana. From the 8th to the 14th. Didnt see any violence. Had the time of my life! Was doing fine until the last three days. Fell head over heels for a bg!! What an ass I am! I know the score though. It's not love, just an infatuation. She's never asked me for a dime! I bar fined her only, no long time pay. Maybe she's that crafty!! Thats okay. I know I'll have some good loving when I'm back in June. Anyways, in my time in bkk, I didnt feel ill at ease or threatened in anyway, not even once!!!! Got back home here in San Francisco, stepped off the train, and started watching my back the whole time! Ohhhh bangkok, how I miss thee already.

Archived