Death at Nana?

dddave

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be confused with the Dane who got beaten to death in Cha-am recently I trust.

Dane Beaten to Death by Thai Neighbours

An on-going strife between a 54 year-old Danish man and his neighbours in Cha-Am culminated Tuesday when he was beaten to death with iron bars.

A dispute over parking cost a 54 year-old Dane his life Tuesday evening at around 6pm (local time). The drama unfolded in the Thai vacation area of Cha-Am, when the Danish man arrived at his home. He parked his car in a way that apparently provoked the local neighbours to such a degree that they attacked the Dane with iron bars and kept beating on him until he was dead.

http://tinyurl.com/9drrh

It's hard to keep up with them all.

indeed... seems to be a lot going on... mostly agree with Batty's post BTW, thais seem to lash an insane amount of violence on their victim when they start fighting.

Can't relate to it at all although I've been involved in numerous acts of violence, including weapons sometimes. Actually don't even think I ever witnessed someone beeing pounded while unconscious - even remember two events when I ended up on the floor in a very bad situation but was spared a lot of pain- thanks guys!. It does happen in the West though and also in France but it seems rare enough to make the news when someone is beaten to death by a bunch of guys. Pack mentality sucks mostly, no matter the racial origin of the pack.

Sure don't buy the "peaceful bunch" view either although I feel pretty safe in BKK.

An on-going strife between a 54 year-old Danish man and his neighbours in Cha-Am culminated Tuesday when he was beaten to death with iron bars.
Ah yes, peaceful and tolerant Thailand.

Archived