Death at Nana?

dddave

dddave said:

As the OP of this thread I feel that I should set the record as straight as possible.

I have spent the better part of this day talking to people pretty familiar with all that goes on around Nana, this includes several that are closely connected to owners and managers of several Nana Bars and a few that spend more time on Big Dog's and GBB's stools than they do in their own beds; the virtually unanimous opinion is that this incident never happened, that it could not have happened as described to me without being witnessed by many people and would have been virtually impossible to keep in the can.

I have to agree, I'm sure the Nana bar-girl network, teeming with bored, tipsy and attention hungry "Nings" is fertle ground for all sorts of fanciful rumors and fabrications that take on a life of there own with each repitition.

BGs and Thais embellishing facts to make their stories more exciting? No, you don't say! :doah:

I've got to say that this probability occurred to me as soon as the story came out and I wouldn't have needed a day of quizzing drunks to feel sure about it. I'd have taken it as an entertaining 'story' (maybe a twist on something that happened, like Stickman's Nana Car Park story) but I'm surprised some people here took it so seriously. Nana Plaza, midnight, hundreds of farangs around...how would you possibly keep such a thing quiet?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jitagawn said:

Thats amazing...

We will just agree to disagree on this point. All I can say J is that you must live in a real crap neighborhood here in BKK, which, as in any city, there are plenty. Why you choose to do so, I do not understand.

I am not necessarily disagreeing with your description of Thai personalities, but to opine that this city is unsafe for farangs is simply folly. Thais as a rule do not go off unprovoked (obviously there are exceptions cuz people are people), therefore random acts of violence just are very rare. I mean, ever hear of a drive-by shooting in Bangkok??? (yet you read about them daily in the States).

If you are stupid enough to get into an altercation with someone on their home turf, then you get what you deserve. As Sun Tzu said, "A foreign tiger is not as powerful as a local worm." Forget that at your peril.

But whatever the case, we will never see eye-to-eye on it.

Regards,

SD

bibblies said:
dddave said:

"Drunks"? Did I say drunks? No, I didn't.

"a few that spend more time on Big Dog's and GBB's stools than they do in their own beds" :dunno:

OK then - benefit of the doubt: stool people. ::

Just a question of time before someone comes up with collapsable strap-on bar stools. :)

ddvave,

I have to disagree with you about your speculation that this incident did not occur. I know a Thai guy who told me about it before it ever hit these boards. He personally knows the alleged assailant. He visited the alleged assailant in jail. The alleged assailant has since, per my source, been released. Whether or not the farang died (and again, I hope that this is not the case) is a matter on which I have no knowledge. I do know this, the guy I know told me about this incident the day after it happened. He works at NaNa, and he has less than no reason to lie to me. Obviously, I didn't see it with my own eyes, so I can't guarantee that it happened. That being said, I can't for the life of me understand why my source would have lied about it, given that he has absolutely nothing to gain from making this up.

Manos.

Seems to me like the same story that Stickman covered in todays weekly. Some thai beat the crap out of a Farang on the Nana Parking Lot, and got hit by a car while fleeing the scene, and then arrested by the boys in brown.

According to Stick's source the guy died indeed, but Stickman was not yet able to get it 100% confirmed by other sources.

Barstool safety belts? I see a new buisness opportunity. Punters love 'em cuz they can have more fun -- not so much fun lying on the floor plus you may spill your beer. Owners love 'em cuz punters spend more money.

Whaddya say Hugh, let's start a company...

Cheers,

SD

This is what Stickman wrote about it:

A very nasty fight broke out in the Nana Hotel car park on Monday night and eye witness reports have it that a farang had the crap beaten out of him by a Thai. He was hit a few times and fell to the ground where he was pounded until unconscious. Medical help was sought and he was hauled into an ambulance and rushed away for treatment. But the story does not end there and the usual story of perpetrator just disappear away into the crowd was not to be... The thug ran across the road, and misjudging his getaway was hit by a car! And in what turned out to be poetic justice, he was hurt so badly that he couldn't get up! The boys in brown were soon on the scene and the thug was duly arrested and taken away to the local cop shop where he had a lot of explaining to do. The motorbike boys on the corner of soi 4, themselves a hard bunch, were shaking their heads at what this guy had done, saying that he went way too far. The rumour mill has it that the farang died, but this is something I have been unable to confirm at this stage.

Archived