Meaning of "Taleung"

The gf told me to say, I correct myself ex gf, it more like tat-lung

but she is from surin a former gf from Bangkok pronounced it like you have.I have been given different meanings by these two one said it means rude the other it means obscene, but i'm sure I have seen others posted before on the old board-peter

quote:

Originally posted by Leroy Brown:

Could you give me all possible meanings of the word taleung (?)

Thx,

Leroy

It means saucy or impertinent; exceeding the limits of propriety or good manners; improperly forward or bold. Usually heard after making a sexual joke or advance.

It means saucy or naughty, more often than not with a sexual undertone. If you make a pun with slight sexual connotations, double-entendre to say it in French, that's 'talueng'. For example, the scenes and puns enacted by those travelling 'likay' troops are often 'talueng' and that's a main part of their popularity.

'Talueng'is not really a bad term, but close to the borderline. If you cross the line, you are 'lamok', obscene.

I've been called both countless times and of course deservedly so. cool.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

[ May 21, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

Scum,

I've heard them both many times. Talueng and lamok. Can't remember which I've heard the most. Had a rough idea of their meaning. Thanks for the enlightenment. smile.gif" border="0

laugh.gif" border="0

For anyone who's watched the old Carry On movies from the UK, you may remember Sid James cracking some double entendre with a sexual connotation. Babara Windsor would reply "Saucy!".

The Thai word TALEUNG is roughly equivalent to "saucy!" in this context.

[ May 24, 2001: Message edited by: Boo Radley ]

Thank you, comrades

Clear as mud....lol I appreciate all your help. By the way I heard another meaning...smooth talker?

Cheers,

Leroy

I have to agree with WYD about the difference between TALEUNG and LAMOK. TALEUNG is an adjective meaning something like "obscene" or "offensive" and can be used in an angry or joking manner to mean "naughty". LAMOK is a noun or adjective meaning more like "lust", "lusty", "frisky", "sexual pleasure" or "naughty", although a more literal translation of "naughty" would be SEUKSON, or SON for short.

GRAHAAI LAMOK to crave sexual pleasure

KOEI MEE KAEK LAMOK? I once heard my girlfriend ask this of a Thai massage girl in a hotel. (Have you ever had a naughty/lusty customer?). LAMOK is clearly an idiom with no direct translation into english. If you translate TALEUNG as "obscene" you will be right about ninty percent of the time but Thais use this word a lot more frequently than farang.

I usually recieve this comment from my girlfriend when I use double entendre.

The guy who lives next door keeps poultry and I have an endless supply of 'big cock' sentences.

Archived