Nice To Meet You

The missus was once stopped at Don Muang carrying 8 bottles of red wine.

A friend of hers asked her to bring 2 bottles of red wine to a relative living in bkk, but when she turned up at CPH airport to deliver the bottles she brought 8 !! :banghead:

And the missus was kind enough :doah: to accept it.

She was given a hard time at the customs in Don Muang until she said "just keep the damn bottles".

Everybody was happy except the expectant receiver.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Thanks guys. I will be ultra sensible and not take any risks.

How many of you guys, bother with private medical insurance when on vacation to LOS?

I guess it's a personal choice, right?

It's a personal choice ok but unless you're very rich, it could be a disaster if you got really sick or had an accident requiring prolonged hospitalisation. The medical services are good out here and reletivley cheap, but they have to be paid for, if you can't, you won't have access to them. It's not a position I would like to find myself in, I never come here without it, although I don't bother with the recomended innoculations. If you get sick take yourself to the hospital, don't bother with the 'hotel doctor'. You can save money by getting your teeth fixed here (if needed) facillaties are better and much cheaper than the UK is nowerdays. ::

I've usually have a multiple trip policy valid for a year, it's much cheaper that way (£60 ish from memory) I will see if I can find the details for you. I don't know about ease of claiming, fortunatly I've never needed to. Avoid buying insurance from the travel agents, there're well overpriced, and don't buy Thai currency from them for the same reason.

Archived