Newbie to this forum and Phuket

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Phuket in first week of Nov 06 with couple of friends. This will be my 1st trip to phuket. I'll like some info based on your experience and knowledge.

Patung beach...is my destination but is there a better place to go.

I like to walk and is it safe to walk at nite.

I've heard abt Pink Chamois (not sure abt the spelling) that provide good FL's with higher price, clean, safe and beutiful. Is that true and how much it will be??? Is there any other suggestions???

I'm looking for a decent hotel...is there anything that can you'll suggest and how much it'll cost me??

Pls share with me if you'll have any other info that I need to know before I arrive there.

I'll be glad to receive your advice...

Ociz

I was in Phuket about a month ago, and found it quite full (OVERRUN) of tourists like myself ;-) Phuket is more expensive than Pattaya, and has very few go gos. I stayed at the Patong Villa, which was decent and had a good swimming pool.

1. The beer bars generally open up quite late in Phuket.

2. Some of the prices for L/T or S/T that I got from the girls in beer bars were quite high from what I am familiar with, what I consider foolish prices :-)

I just don't care to pay 2000-2500 for S/T for any girl. I found the high prices in Phuket and the women to be somewhat of a turn-off. I found quite a few who seemed very mercenary and attitudes I did not like. My preference lies with Pattaya and Angeles, much more laid back atmosphere, and less mercenary.

3. There is plenty of internet access, and plenty of various places to eat.

4. Make sure you have your reservations for your hotel locked in prior to your arrival, as you will be there in November, and it just starts getting loads of tourists from November leading up to New Year. There will be few, if any hotel rooms available, especially close to December.

5. When you arrive at the airport in Phuket, you can get a taxi for 550 baht one way to Patong Beach area if I remember right. Don't pay attention to the scumbag rip-offs who call you from their booths in the airport, about their great deals for 1000 or 1500 baht.

6. If you like the nightlife, get a hotel near Soi Bangla, which is ground zero for beer bars,go gos and general entertainment. Google this: (Patong beach hotels) You should see sites for hotel bookings and general Phuket info.

I stayed at: www.patongvilla.com

Wow! nov 06. you got a long wait ( anticipitation)

Try not to overplan things.

the magic of the moment is better

be sure to wander down some of the quiter sois, some real nice places to relax just off the main areas

Archived