December contest winners

khunsanuk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Stick!

Your entry really was a fine photo. In some post/thread I previously asked whether or not you used a digital camera or not ... didn't see a reply. I'm curious.

Cent pointed out fairly early on that my entry that came in third was a shrine and not a spirit house, so I'm surprised it placed. I learned a lot about spirit houses during the competition. I'd like to see more themes that stimulate interest in Thai culture, etc.

Also, I would like to add that I believe that those of us who reside here, and especially those with wheels, have a decided advantage. Although, this month's competition may be an exception.

Congratulations to all who participate.

Yep, I use digital. I have a Canon EOS 20D with a 50 mm 1.4, a 24 ? 70L and a 70 ? 200L. I will probably pick a Canon EOS 5D soon as I want full frame digital to use my lenses as they were designed to be used and using two bodies would give me a bit more flexibility and reduce the need change lenses frequently.

What about you? What do you use?

Stick

That's a fine camera Stick; and, significantly superior to my non-SLR digital Fuji Finepix 6800 Zoom which is what I've used so far. The Fuji(film) is a decent camera. Other than the fact that it's not a SLR (with lens interchangeability, etc.), I don't like the viewfinder ... it's too damn small which frequently results in image tilting if not paying strict attention. It does well with color satuation though; and, offers ease of operation, etc. I will admit that I never read the manual! I'm sure I've not fully explored it's capabilities.

Depending upon themes, I think I'll also use my old Minolta 35mm SLR which is completely manual. Who says film/(scan) can't stand it's groung against digital? :up:

Sure, I'd love to get a digital SLR; and, I would strongly consider the Canon EOS seies. Ah, but finances & priorities. I definitely could use a new computer. And, (don't you English teachers hate when someone starts a sentence with "and?") the Mrs. is clamoring for a camcorder. She wants to capture the antics of our son, etc. And, being Thai she somehow has a way of mentioning that Benz. Well, I'd have to win the lottery; and, even if I did, I wouldn't want to fork out millions of Baht for a car. Hey, would you take my truck in trade for your Camry? :grinyes:

Archived